Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Blizzard 2018 Take II: The Firehose

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

Moderate snow continues in southern Vermont. Man I wish that deform band would move east

I think it rots out there... someone is going to get another 6-12" just west of ALB before that moves southeast.  Certainly some 30"+ totals.  Well modeled too.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just got home.

Its flippIng between all snow and mix. 80% snow. You get a big gust of wind and the air is filled with big massive flakes . Just huge flakes. 34.7

You should end up with big aggregates given the near isothermal sounding.

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It won’t be long till it flips totally. I recall Will describing this during 97

That is the classic sign... the waves of all snow coming in from above.  Wind gust and flakes, then back to some rain mix then a burst of all flakes again.  That's very cool and fun to watch happen.  I love when you can see it up here at the mountain... you can see the snow up the slope like 500-1000ft above you and then it just comes down in waves until it stays all snow.

I bet if you had a view at some higher terrain you'd be able to see all snow just like a few hundred feet above your head.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

ORH airport finally reporting again...36F and mod rain. Prob catpaws in there at that temp.

Shoulda made the over/under on the GFS temp 8F and not 9F....44F was an 8F miss.

They're manned obs so they should be reporting flakes if they see them.

Archived