joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could be an epic storm on each coast going on at the same time....some of the model runs for Tahoe area are unreal for the ext 3 days....6-8 inchs of QPF and the snow levels are pretty low.

Anyways...we wait for reggie.

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Yea, the snow is near side note. 

I just love a good nor'easter. I know it's not a Cat IV cane, but something about nor'easters just captivate me. Maybe it's the power and the challenge of forecasting, but a good storm like this can let me not worry about major snow. Something about a true beast that leaves me in awe.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Could be an epic storm on each coast going on at the same time....some of the model runs for Tahoe area are unreal for the ext 3 days....6-8 inchs of QPF and the snow levels are pretty low.

ICON is running :)

Just now, CoastalWx said:

I just love a good nor'easter. I know it's not a Cat IV cane, but something about nor'easters just captivate me. Maybe it's the power and the challenge of forecasting, but a good storm like this can let me not worry about major snow. Something about a true beast that leaves me in awe.

This has everything and coastal folks esp will rmember this for a very long time.

1 minute ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Another excellent article by Ray.  Can’t believe that just a few years ago you were WOTY.  Self taught and excellent at getting ideas across.

Potentially historic event incoming

Thanks......need it to verify.

Bold, but only first call...time to adjust if necessary.

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I just saw a forecast for the Sierra crest of 5-6 FEET!

So much of this inside 495 is riding on how progressive it is. Guessing a changeover around like 21z. Definitely gangbusters at that point, but if rates go to hell by like 3z then I wouldn't go more than 3-6''. Prolific QPF in 6 hours but this is going to be like 6:1 glop that isn't going to accumulate super efficiently at lower elevations. If precip rates bang til like 9z then I could see going 6''+. Hopefully that's something that becomes clearer with the globals tonight. 

Archived