joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

interesting how eps/euro are liking east zones more for snow while other guidance says west is best. If its colder ala their output then the closer to the firehose makes sense but I think it may be a bit underdone out west where 850 cools earlier on Friday. 

Great system to track though, this one is testing rip n readers vs pros. clown maps vs experience. 

So, I've read everything and I still have no idea except it's going to be windy with coastal flooding. The usual power outrages will happen. RT3A in Plymouth will be closed do to coastal flooding. I feel that elevations are going to get a lot of snow. I'm probably going to get 2inches of rain. But I have no idea what the heck to expect for the rest of new england

16 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

interesting how eps/euro are liking east zones more for snow while other guidance says west is best. If its colder ala their output then the closer to the firehose makes sense but I think it may be a bit underdone out west where 850 cools earlier on Friday. 

Great system to track though, this one is testing rip n readers vs pros. clown maps vs experience. 

Euro likes forcing west CCB east

ORH is one of the toughest forecasts because I think the ceiling is very high there...but they also have a lower floor than a place like the Berkshires. Would anyone be truly shocked if ORH pulled a 20-handle or 3-4" of glop?

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

ORH is one of the toughest forecasts because I think the ceiling is very high there...but they also have a lower floor than a place like the Berkshires. Would anyone be truly shocked if ORH pulled a 20-handle or 3-4" of glop?

I'd be more shocked by the latter option personally. Thinking foot plus there comfortably.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nope. But, reality says >12" higher likelihood than 3-4"

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Should orh airport pull a 3", we've all wasted our time

Just now, CoastalWx said:

Nope. But, reality says >12" higher likelihood than 3-4"

Yeah I'd def lean higher...but their range is still huge. Like even an 8-9 inch mashed potato cake would still be a pretty decent event there but you could also see the obs going KORH +SN 32F at like 14-15z Friday or something really early, and everyone is like "WTF...snow already?" and its game-on for Dec '92 redux.

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It’s the same here. Maybe take off a couple inches .

i think most would be shocked if ORH got 3-4”

Archived