Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Semper911 said:

I know a NatGrid lineman posted here and they told him to pack for a week.

Yeah, there was a storm two years ago in February that had over 100K outages in RI with 7-8 inches of paste.  That was minus the wind potential this storm presents.  If the 10-15” amounts come to fruition, along with the wind, get ready for a few nights of board games.  The infrastructure in RI and Worcester Hills is a joke.

1 minute ago, Dpb1983 said:

Yeah, there was a storm two years ago in February that had over 100K outages in RI with 7-8 inches of paste.  That was minus the wind potential this storm presents.  If the 10-15” amounts come to fruition, along with the wind, get ready for a few nights of board games.  The infrastructure in RI and Worcester Hills is a joke.

If it is a powder event (which seems highly unlikely for most) no issues.  But paste and winds equal dark nights and gennies.   Good like to you folks.   You saved my azz in 2008

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Reggie is really close to a lot more...it's counting a lot of the precip during this time frame as rain, but you can see we're below 0C at 850 already...so gotta keep a sharp eye

Yeah, it has 2m in the 40s in CT at 48 with 850s around zero. That would be impressive.

7 minutes ago, Dpb1983 said:

Yes I got smoked in that one, was as bad as Irene, zero wind

6 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

If it is a powder event (which seems highly unlikely for most) no issues.  But paste and winds equal dark nights and gennies.   Good like to you folks.   You saved my azz in 2008

I was pretty happy the “bomb cyclone” turned out to be powder.  Nobody wanted to be outside in the sub-Arctic days that followed that beast.  Is the media just not buying the snow potential or are they playing catch up at this point?

27 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

That's the key, multiple tide cycles. We don't get those very often, and when we do they usually end up in the history books.

I think blow back is going to be a problem in the PSM area. That first tide gets into Great Bay but the east jet won't let it retreat back out to sea before the next tide. Can't forget inland flooding/runoff exacerbating it in places too if it stays mild along the coast. 

35 ft seas now on WW3 

Archived