Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, CoastalWx said:

Pickles, I wouldn’t worry one bit yet. But forcing also Argues, further north.

Im just mentioning that there is pretty sizeable cut off and ne mass is getting some marine taint and trouble getting forcing north. 

Just some red flags for big amounts N Shore area out to Ray.

Just a flag, thats all

17 minutes ago, TheBudMan said:

Red taggers - Jerry, Ray, Jay/sBOS you are allowed as well :-) - assuming the trends this afternoon are real when would you expect to see a flip across E MA ?  What kind of snow totals could we possibly see in E MA ?  

Others can chime, but I'll throw in my thoughts still probably too early to nail down a rain-snow changeover time for Boston, let alone specific amounts...

Models keying in on ~ 21z Fri  based on 0C 925mb temps, so roughly sometime Fri afternoon

Largely depends on rates, which will be determined by location/intensity of bombing low (see my post above: how models handle the bobbling multiple low centers during capture, and how quickly system exits)... if this really goes to town, expect a sooner flip and heavier totals. The blockbuster run of a few days ago had a flip around 12z Fri in Boston, and then lasting into Saturday.

Just now, wxsniss said:

Others can chime, but I'll throw in my thoughts still probably too early to nail down a rain-snow changeover time for Boston, let alone specific amounts...

Models keying in on ~ 21z Fri  based on 0C 925mb temps, so roughly sometime Fri afternoon

Largely depends on rates, which will be determined by location/intensity of bombing low (see my post above: how models handle the bobbling multiple low centers during capture, and how quickly system exits)... if this really goes to town, expect a sooner flip and heavier totals. The blockbuster run of a few days ago had a flip around 12z Fri in Boston, and then lasting into Saturday.

The blockbuster run of a few days ago had a phase over the plains.

Archived