Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Dpb1983 said:

I was pretty happy the “bomb cyclone” turned out to be powder.  Nobody wanted to be outside in the sub-Arctic days that followed that beast.  Is the media just not buying the snow potential or are they playing catch up at this point?

I’m not sure.  Models have offered pretty much every possible solution, but seem to be getting a clue finally.

My coworkers are all expecting rain...I’m having trouble convincing them otherwise.

3 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

Looks closer to 0C to me

That looks like the 12z run at 48 hours...the map I posted earlier was 18z at 48 hours...it was def pretty cold aloft but still raining at that timestamp. That's a period that will end up being very crucial...model may underestimate the cooling effect of latent melting in extremely heavy precip....we'll have to see if it continues to be modeled the same way.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

That looks like the 12z run at 48 hours...he map I posted earlier was 18z at 48 hours...it was def pretty cold aloft but still raining at that timestamp. That's a period that will end up being very crucial...model may underestimate the cooling effect of latent melting in extremely heavy precip....we'll have to see if it continues to be modeled the same way.

What a rookie mistake. Sorry RnYAWAYICEIE et al.

This looks ok...

nvg10.prp.054.namer.gif

nvg10.850.054.namer.gif

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

That is H force to EMA. Verbatim.

Yeah 18z RGEM shows potential if the multiple low centers consolidate on the one closest to benchmark... prolonged and intense into eastern SNE

Those thermal profiles though, wth... I can picture us all glued to the windows Friday afternoon (hopefully earlier) watching for signs of mix...

Archived