March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Ya

Trending progressive, Not a good thing for e areas

The key is keeping that firehose north and not letting it sink SE too early after changeover. The good news is that we may have the famous 24h bump north a bit....that could really pay dividends...esp if we keep trending that antecedent airmass a bit colder. That would prolong the heavy snow for prob a good 6+ hours.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

The key is keeping that firehose north and not letting it sink SE too early after changeover. The good news is that we may have the famous 24h bump north a bit....that could really pay dividends...esp if we keep trending that antecedent airmass a bit colder. That would prolong the heavy snow for prob a good 6+ hours.

Despite trending a bit more progressive, it did bump total QPF north a bit.

I do still think there is a pretty plausible path to a very meh event for many....you get the dreaded 33F catpaws for hours and hours and then when it finally flips, we start losing intensity and the whole thing sinks S....and people are left with advisory slop. Now, I'm leaning toward the heavier side of things right now, but people should totally keep that scenario in mind...it's not far fetched.

Some of us need a 75 mile bump north.

Congrats.

I do still think there is a pretty plausible path to a very meh event for many....you get the dreaded 33F catpaws for hours and hours and then when it finally flips, we start losing intensity and the whole thing sinks S....and people are left with advisory slop. Now, I'm leaning toward the heavier side of things right now, but people should totally keep that scenario in mind...it's not far fetched.

Not at all...I know I gambled on first call, but went with my gut.

That's what Harvey said. 

Ihelpstill think there is a pre tty plausible path to a very meh event for many....you get the dreaded 33F catpaws for hours and hours and then when it finally flips, we start losing intensity and the whole thing sinks S....and people are left with advisory slop. Now, I'm leaning toward the heavier side of things right now, but people should totally keep that scenario in mind...it's not far fetched.

Exactly

That 400' your at is gonna Help

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

lol even with a mega block we can’t get a system to hang around...something always comes along to push these things out.. too bad.

The block is at least preventing this from being a 60F rainstorm where the low tracks into Ottawa...it's pretty impressive how this thing gets muscled from near Lake Erie to the benchmark.

4 minutes ago, CT Rain said:

lol I did throw the GFS in the dumpster on air

HAHA.....I had you guys on but volume on mute.....so all I saw was a lot of maps and GFS and Euro icons with pressure bars......seemed like you were really dealing there.....good luck with the 3-6 call here......hope you bust low.....haha

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Well done. Afraid public (those who tune somehwre else) will be caught off guard as friday progresses and be completely fabrigasted when it flips. 

A certain station in our state has made no mention of the possibility of snow. Irresponsible and borderline dangerous...

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

The block is at least preventing this from being a 60F rainstorm where the low tracks into Ottawa...it's pretty impressive how this thing gets muscled from near Lake Erie to the benchmark.

Oh sure...but something always saves us from the truly stalled system.  I was never on board with a really long duration event...cuz they almost never happen/very rare.

Kevin will be disappointed again, cuz he was thinking snow through daylight morning hours on Saturday lol..knew that wasn’t happening.

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I do hope I'm not too near the n edge considering it will begin to sink....that would blow if the heavy snow here was truncated.

That is prob my main worry for you...but I do think in the end, we bump the firehose decently north.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

or maybe we get lucky, we snow starting ~9z Fri and the modeled warm layer around ~900-850 mb isn't real :D

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I's also add that pretty much all the models now are doing a full-fledged capture...and when that happens, we tend to stall things out a bit longer than guidance likes to do. It's not one of these half-capture deals.

Could you post a quick annotation illustrating what exactly a full capture looks like? 

Archived