Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

word from ncep is they are updating the thermal coding.

You probably don't remember the 12 21 09 storm where they had to rerun the entire run due to a major input error. First one had a complete miss from DC to Bos. Next one had 1 to 2 feet which happened.  Talk about weenie freakouts

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

You probably don't remember the 12 21 09 storm where they had to rerun the entire run due to a major input era. First one had a complete miss from DC to Bos. Next one had 1 to 2 feet which happened.  Talk about weenie freakouts

lol I remember that....that was tremendous.....nice storm IIRC.....want to say there was thunder in West Hartford around 6pm-ish....I think I had pulled off 84 on my way home from work to clean the snow/ice build up on the windshield and while I was outside doing that the sky lit up and BLAM-O.....so great....

Just now, Amped said:

Here come the frivolous theories on why.

THU MAR 01 2018

The 00Z GFS model analysis encountered a problem. Support
personnel are investigating the issue and we are attempting to
rerun the analysis now. GFS delays would be up to 30 minutes
should this rerun successfully complete

9 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

You probably don't remember the 12 21 09 storm where they had to rerun the entire run due to a major input error. First one had a complete miss from DC to Bos. Next one had 1 to 2 feet which happened.  Talk about weenie freakouts

I think that was the Virga storm here...hours and hours of virga before it busted through...that ate up a lot of our precip here...got about 8 or 9 inches with that one..while Groton got killed with 20 plus.

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

I think that was the Virga storm here...hours and hours of virga before it busted through...that ate up a lot of our precip here...got about 8 or 9 inches with that one..while Groton got killed with 20 plus.

My memory is that it was supposed to start in the morning but it took until early afternoon to start snowing......I was in Cheshire at work and when I left it was coming hard.....84 back to West Hartford took an hour......but I think I got a thundersnow out of it when I pulled off in Farmington to clear the windshield......the sound of thunder in a snowstorm is like no other.....its different and very soothing

5 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

Yep, very sharp cutoff with that one. I remember I was just west of the deform. I managed 7 or 8 while just east of me cracked a foot and Upton put up like 24".

Archived