Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The thing with the EURO is it continues to follow the southern/eastern convection.  It creates this duel low that never consolidates until its too far SE but that convective low stays with it the whole time as the "stronger" low.

If everything were to bomb out where it looks like it could or should (the X) then it would be able to wrap the firehose moisture conveyor belt more efficiently into SNE. 

Euro wasn't the only model doing this either. There's a chance we see a good bump if we can get rid of that. 

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

The thing with the EURO is it continues to follow the southern/eastern convection.  It creates this duel low that never consolidates until its too far SE but that convective low stays with it the whole time as the "stronger" low.

If everything were to bomb out where it looks like it could or should (the X) then it would be able to wrap the firehose moisture conveyor belt more efficiently into SNE. 

8yVpn6N.png

Good post dude. Something is all fooked up with that Euro run. It’s hard to toss it so close in, but as they explained earlier.. you really have to

17 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

8yVpn6N.png

It's a tough call. Here's 925...

us_model-en-087-0_modez_2018030100_36_35_460.png

11 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Euro wasn't the only model doing this either. There's a chance we see a good bump if we can get rid of that. 

9 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Good post dude. Something is all fooked up with that Euro run. It’s hard to toss it so close in, but as they explained earlier.. you really have to

The EPS individual members have a good deal that look much more like say the NAM with 2" QPF all over SNE.... but there's also a surprising amount (maybe a quarter?) that really have like under a third of an inch north of the Pike.  Like so low that you'd have to toss those considering the other models.

There is a very strong internal struggle going on within the EPS that is odd for that product at this close range.  Certainly not clearing anything up.  I'm fascinated by this.  How close can we get to go-time without a real clear picture.

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

hydro vs non again?

Yeah the non -hydros def seem to be a little more wrapped...though even the RGEM was being kind of ugly with a secondary eastward center. The NAM was being the most consolidated...and not surprisingly, it has the firehose further north and lasting longer. Even tries a secondary push of moisture around 09-12z for eastern MA.

8 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

The euro huggers saying the euro has been steadfast is sorta too much

I mean c'mon 

Last nite was pitiful even in Catskills 

Theres so much juice, I’m going with guidance that handles convection better. Remember Jan 4,euro was chasing convection blobs...its last run before go time was still too SE.

Worth looking back at 4/97 H5 charts... maybe I'm giving this too much weight, but it probably helped that the bulk of vorticity circled around to the north of the ULL
That system had multiple low centers too, but they were developing even northeast of the main low, prolonging the CCB into SNE

In tomorrow's case, bulk of vorticity is southeast of the ULL as depicted on current guidance... the entire thing gets tugged out faster.

24-30 hours is still time for this to improve. First out of the gate 12z Nam will be telling as it's the most aggressive at the moment.

12 minutes ago, wxsniss said:

Worth looking back at 4/97 H5 charts... maybe I'm giving this too much weight, but it probably helped that the bulk of vorticity circled around to the north of the ULL
That system had multiple low centers too, but they were developing even northeast of the main low, prolonging the CCB into SNE

In tomorrow's case, bulk of vorticity is southeast of the ULL as depicted on current guidance... the entire thing gets tugged out faster.

24-30 hours is still time for this to improve. First out of the gate 12z Nam will be telling as it's the most aggressive at the moment.

Shes slipping

Icon went se 

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

Some decent mini melts last night. Would read again. 

I'm still trying to figure out which is the model of choice because all have been tossed at some point, Looks like the Nam has the hot hand until 12z anyways..................:lol:

3 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Its gotta be soooo close wether that Is enough energy That scoots East that it screws the pooch or wether its noise

Yeah, maybe a bit of separation would be beneficial. Let the best dynamics go to town

39 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Seems like we’ve been taking one step forward and two steps back for days with this storm.

Finally see a positive trend late yesterday with the snow... now suddenly we are losing precip all together

Will not matter to me at this point as it is still looking  a mostly rain event, with a possible attempt at a 1/2" of accumulating snow after hours of rain.  I've had my share of rain this winter.  

2 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

That nc forecaster dude who is leaving@noon should prepare to stop at like 1:10 and turn around if euro holds court

He is into the coastal wind/surge scene...which on the euro is still ridiculous. Might just want to go more toward PYM if it's a little south.

Archived