Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 2-4th ... first -NAO anchored storm perhaps in years

Typhoon Tip

1 minute ago, WinterWolf said:

Lol it’s amazing how many times this has changed and continues to do so..historic-noting, historic-nothing, Epic-pedestrian, long duration-progressive.  Rug gets pulled out with every other run.  Sure sign it’s a flop snow wise.  What a cluster f**k.  

Ill take my heavy rain and high wind watch and be done...maybe it’ll be like a mini cane, one can hope. But Winds always underperform here so not expecting the 40-60mph gusts here in any way....Shoreline sure.

Enjoy the snow in NY state and the Berks.

Didn't you just bash the EURO a few hours ago for being terrible but isn't what you just wrote pretty much what the EURO has?

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There is definitely a trend to shut this off by like 06z Saturday. I'd go no more than 2-5'' of poorly accumulating slush in the lower elevations inside 495 this morning. I'm envisioning a scenario where it definitely flips and goes like hell for a few hours but once it's over you look outside and it's nothing but a couple sloppy inches. There was a storm on Oscar night like 10 years ago that wasn't as intense but it did something like that. 

9 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Didn't you just bash the EURO a few hours ago for being terrible but isn't what you just wrote pretty much what the EURO has?

Ya that was me...Euro is all over the place just like every other model.. that’s what the Euro has NOW..we’ll see what it shows st 1:00 pm????  It deserved a bash...

Just now, WinterWolf said:

Ya that was me...Euro is all over the place just like every other model.. that’s what the Euro has NOW..we’ll see what it shows st 1:00 pm????  It deserved a bash...

Maybe, I feel like its been one of the more stable ones relative to the bunch. 

Just now, powderfreak said:

Maybe, I feel like its been one of the more stable ones relative to the bunch. 

Lol...I don’t know how people can say that? 

Thing was chasing convection Tuesday night...then it went to a good hit with regard to snow yesterday, then back to a snooze fest at 1:00 am again with regard to snow. 

It used to be the stable one...since the upgrade it’s not the same model. 

17 hours ago, JC-CT said:

The plains monsters into monster block scenarios were cool, but this might be a more classic evolution.

I think we’re seeing why we wanted the former. We don’t get the nuke until after she’s tucked in and already flooded the mid levels. And then the mid level magic comes as she wants to slide SE, as the UL low moves progressively SE. I think the best hope for the short term changes is she tracks further northeast than current guidance consensus before the capture and track southeast. Get her just east of the Cape rather than just east of LI. In this way, the region would see more of a backed wind from the beginning and the mid levels wouldn’t get skunked....

This would obviously be diff without a terrible antecedent airmass; but this always was the case...

With regard to snow...anytime there is constant changes right up to go time like this is..it usually never bodes well for something decent...at least most times anyway.  

Hill tops can still do ok...and NYS..but for the majority it looks to be a sloppy couple inches at best unfortunately from this one.  

Along the coast it will be a stormy time for sure..stay safe and enjoy the show there. For the rest outside the shore and big hills I think this will be very forgettable as it stands now. 

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

You just wake up trying to prove people wrong? start of event is less than 24hrs now.

He's mostly right about the 00z runs...they were about 42-48 hours away from the most crucial part of the system. 

We will def need to see 12z come in a little better though because if they don't, then we're def running quite thin on time. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

He's mostly right about the 00z runs...they were about 42-48 hours away from the most crucial part of the system. 

We will def need to see 12z come in a little better though because if they don't, then we're def running quite thin on time. 

I understand what he is saying but he loves to roll out of bed and find posts to nitpick. Hes become an old lady complaining the mailman is 5min ‘late’.

1 minute ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I understand what he is saying but he loves to roll out of bed and find posts to nitpick. Hes become an old lady complaining the mailman is 5min ‘late’.

That's not what I was doing at all. I was explaining why it appears that we have model changes really close in, when it isn't actually the case. The model error curve doesn't stop just because a storm starts. 

If you read in between the lines, I also hinted that there is still a little time left for changes.

The thing with the EURO is it continues to follow the southern/eastern convection.  It creates this duel low that never consolidates until its too far SE but that convective low stays with it the whole time as the "stronger" low.

If everything were to bomb out where it looks like it could or should (the X) then it would be able to wrap the firehose moisture conveyor belt more efficiently into SNE. 

8yVpn6N.png

Just now, JC-CT said:

That's not what I was doing at all. I was explaining why it appears that we have model changes really close in, when it isn't actually the case. The model error curve doesn't stop just because a storm starts. 

If you read in between the lines, I also hinted that there is still a little time left for changes.

Sorry I didnt read between the lines, I have vision problems...can only see outside the lines. 

ok on your point, I agree lol.

The funny thing is, we were in the same boat yesterday morning too..hoping for some positive changes at 12z yesterday, and we got them.

Then they faded away yet again last night at 0z.  So here we are again today hoping for some positive changes again today at 12z.

To me that’s usually a sure sign of a dud(snow wise) for the most part...but we’ll see though? 

Archived