Newest Member
    joxey
January 29-30th Rain/Flurries coastal and IVT

WxUSAF

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply
43 minutes ago, Jebman said:

Interesting weather in Jefferson County in W Va. I got to see rain in CharlesTown, that mixed with snow then changed to all heavy snow, BIG flakes, that was BRIEF. A little accumulation on mulch there. Then as I drove over the mountain, the higher elevations got an inch to 2 inches, looked great there, then the ground cover lessened as i went southeast. pretty much played out on the west part of Rt 7.

I did manage a light fix lol.

Here in Dale City, some wet snow, a coating on the fence and some bushes.

Plows are out - you'd think we were in for a reprise of GB 16 lmao.

Yup, now my car is going to be pasted white on the lower 3/4s of it below the windows.  All for an event during 40+ degree road temps and an ignorant call to douse the roads in brine.  Sweet.  Oh yeah, and permanent brine clouds on highways until we get another good rain.  Sweet again. 

We need a dump

We had a mulch and car topper in the Woodbridge area. Flurries right now. 

Edit: Dusting/coating on grass as well. Only at the house. Drove a few miles east into Woodbridge and it was basically nothing. Must have gotten a burst at the house. Yes, a non event. Just came back from Islip yesterday. They were expecting an inch at most. My friend reports 5 inches on the ground right now. A reverse bust. Never happens here.

36 minutes ago, wxtrix said:

there’s no accumulation out here and there was no heavy snow last night.

There is no accumulation IN Charles Town itself, but there was at least an inch of snow on grassy surfaces up on the mountain on Rt 9 as of 425am this morning. At 345am, there were rather large dendrites falling for a brief period of time, likely about 5-10 minutes, after the rain/snow mix changed over to all snow. Those flakes were at least a half inch to three quarters of an inch in diameter, pretty large dendrites falling, being blown about by a northerly breeze.

Worst storm in a bad winter

We need to open a go fund me account and get you setup on a week-long trip to the Tughill Plateau next year. Your luck it will either be a torch week or the lakes will be frozen over.

Not in this region but trying to keep posts on-point as much as possible.....received .2" snow overnight in SE PA. Awaiting round 2 of this crushing storm system. In the eye right now ;-)

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived