• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

H2O

JAN 4th Coastal

I know I know....ensembles are dumb at this point...but...

The GEFS members that push the .2 line west of DC all hit the coastal plain of NC pretty good. 6"+ down that way. 

4 minutes ago, Clueless said:

Weenie.

Ok.

Who is going to start Obs thread for this baby?  

Anybody but let’s wait until after the king crushes our dreams.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Subtropics said:

Trend continues. I remain confident in my 6'' reading somewhere in montgomery county when all is said and done. Think this will be a pretty big impact locally, especially with the timing of it in the AM and what will turn out to be a blown forecast.

I stand by what I said yesterday -- i will never ever mod a single one of your posts if you see 6" in MoCo

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Anybody but let’s wait until after the king crushes our dreams.

You know damn well it's going to be east and or bone dry.

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

I know I know....ensembles are dumb at this point...but...

The GEFS members that push the .2 line west of DC all hit the coastal plain of NC pretty good. 6"+ down that way. 

Ensembles are only dumb at this point if they reduce snow, not if they increase or support higher totals.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, mappy said:

I stand by what I said yesterday -- i will never ever mod a single one of your posts if you see 6" in MoCo

I look forward to earning my respect on the board :)

Just now, mitchnick said:

Ensembles are only dumb at this point if they reduce snow, not if they increase or support higher totals.

Well, best ens mean QPF run of the event then...lol

m6tgJ0F.jpg

• Like 1

Just now, Beachin said:

I have never seen so much desparity west of the bay lol.  Just drive 3 hours east 

The problem is that a lot of us are just getting back to work... I bet if this was happening in February many of us would take a personal day and chase.. but I know that I am starting a lot of new projects at and trying to get the year started right! So for me to take a personal day tomorrow is counter productive.  I bet a lot of people here are in the same predicament.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

m6tgJ0F.jpg

E17 is  a warning criteria ;) 

1 minute ago, PDIII said:

The problem is that a lot of us are just getting back to work... I bet if this was happening in February many of us would take a personal day and chase.. but I know that I am starting a lot of new projects at and trying to get the year started right! So for me to take a personal day tomorrow is counter productive.  I bet a lot of people here are in the same predicament.

Yeah, this for me too. I mean, I can take time off if we get liberal leave or if the schools close and I need to stay home with the kiddo, but I'd really like enough to just shut the area down. Alas...

5 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

m6tgJ0F.jpg

Looks like about half have 0.15" QPF or more at DCA... too bad we can't just take that and run