Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

March 13 wasn't all about that though. There was standing waves involved because the RI hole would not typically be there if it was mostly terrain related. Yeah the ENE flow doesn't help but it wasn't the primary factor in mar 2013. Also the BL was a little more NE so not nearly as bad as dec 92 for the valley. There were definitely standing waves involved...one of the more bizarre storms from that standpoint. I had never seen it before on that scale. 

If I remember correctly, it was forecast to go out to sea up until a few days out, and it actually ended up hitting us by doing a fujiwara with another lp.

But the main point is, Kevin's elevation is huge. It is just a massive, towering, pounding (snow) location. Compensation much... I feel like he has to be corrected about March 2013 about 3 times a year on average.

9 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

If I remember correctly, it was forecast to go out to sea up until a few days out, and it actually ended up hitting us by doing a fujiwara with another lp.

But the main point is, Kevin's elevation is huge. It is just a massive, towering, pounding (snow) location. Compensation much... I feel like he has to be corrected about March 2013 about 3 times a year on average.

Actually you are incorrect again about this..it was a firehose east flow..There was no fujiwara or low pressure lol

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Actually you are incorrect again about this..it was a firehose east flow..There was no fujiwara or low pressure lol

There was a fuji dance. There was a s/w in NY state, that help capture the main s/w well to our SE. This pulled moisture back into SNE. That helped the firehose...in fact, the fuji dance is why we had the firehose. Low pressure was there well to the south.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

There was a fuji dance. There was a s/w in NY state, that help capture the main s/w well to our SE. This pulled moisture back into SNE. That helped the firehose...in fact, the fuji dance is why we had the firehose. Low pressure was there well to the south.

Ok then. I don't recall it like that. I just recall an offshore low and insane LL eastley inflow piling moisture inland

4 hours ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

CHH again comes in higher with Snowfall on the 00z GFS

It’s annoying every post references CHH.we know where you live.

28 minutes ago, Hoth said:

QBO at -17 is pretty impressive is it not? Would correlate positively with northern hemisphere blocking episodes I believe. 

We want it midly negative, not too over powering. -17 is good. 

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

It’s annoying every post references CHH.we know where you live.

We want it midly negative, not too over powering. -17 is good. 

GEEZ, man I am sorry you feel that way, there could be new users on the forum or guest viewers that need information and they might not know my location,

3 minutes ago, weathafella said:

FWIW, 6Z navgem matches 0z GFS.   

I think the take home is wth the trof orientation and multiple waves we have a reasonable chance to get a piece of something Friday to Sunday.

Yeah you can pretty much get a feeling for what this will look like. Couple inches west to maybe as much as 6 for your area, but NYC / SW CT may be right on the line of have/have not. Most posters in our forum should have white ground come Saturday AM

Archived