Newest Member
    Toothache
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea, screw the first wave get that ish out the wat lets get the next love to dig deep and in the backside, deep and back....

You know the models are going to start to grasp one of these as we get closer in, I would rather it be the this second one as well with a little more cold air in place.

Just now, dryslot said:

You know the models are going to start to grasp one of these as we get closer in, I would rather it be the this second one as well with a little more cold air in place.

Agreed.  Problem would also be wave spacing.  If the 1st one is too close to the follow-up wave it may push the best baro zone offshore not allowing the follow up wave room to amplify.

2 minutes ago, dryslot said:

True. 6 days is an eternity for them to figure out timing of lobe breakage and dumpage. Lets get the cutter pattern change system into hudson bay, then we handle weekend better.

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Am I wrong in my analysis that Sunday/ Sunday night is probably a better system anyway? Seems colder and that it may be stronger anyway

Yes this is the stronger vort max, associated with a mid level low, at times is closed in the Great Lakes and OH Valley.  If wave spacing allows, this wave can amplify off the Mid Atlantic Coast and hit the BM

5 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Agreed.  Problem would also be wave spacing.  If the 1st one is too close to the follow-up wave it may push the best baro zone offshore not allowing the follow up wave room to amplify.

The spacing could be problematic as you mentioned, It was actually better that the first one ended up weaker and further east this run which gave this one the room to amplify and be more west, Still work to do but i would like to see more of the focus be on the second wave, That may end up being our best bet at something more moderate and widespread.

I would say Sunday looks like the better shortwave on most guidance. Definitely some more room there to amplify.

That said, can't rule out Friday night/early Saturday...that is a scraper for an inch or two on the Euro and same with GGEM (and perhaps Ukie).

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

I would say Sunday looks like the better shortwave on most guidance. Definitely some more room there to amplify.

That said, can't rule out Friday night/early Saturday...that is a scraper for an inch or two on the Euro and same with GGEM (and perhaps Ukie).

Is UKMET in range for the Sunday event?

Archived