Newest Member
    joxey
Late autumn, early winter model mayhem

Typhoon Tip

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I would say Sunday looks like the better shortwave on most guidance. Definitely some more room there to amplify.

That said, can't rule out Friday night/early Saturday...that is a scraper for an inch or two on the Euro and same with GGEM (and perhaps Ukie).

It looks like the Euro is favoring higher heights out west and a deeper base of the eastern trof. The GFS is much stronger with the northern stream (a little bit of a known bias?) but that explains the back to back inverted trof looks over the weekend.

6 hours ago, dryslot said:

I always go look at the overnight model runs before reading the board, If I looked at the board first and don't even see one new page I know I don't need to look at the models. Lol

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

When you see the Model threat as the "hot topic" at 1:30-1:45pm, you know the Euro has snow for the population centers haha.  

That second one looks good for the southern/eastern crowd.  

Or the above..........lol

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

That is some cold air towards the end of the Euro run moving into New England.

Yes , some are downplaying that because of today's lack of snowcover, well duh it will be white before then, and oh yea, We snow on the Euro this weekend, very decent look to .5/.6 qpf in a cold environ  

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Cold, but CAA from the SW isn't our preferred direction.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Preference would be the core of the cold dropping S out of QUE.

Yeah it goes pretty much the length of all the great lakes before coming in here. Nothing special for us...def pretty damned cold for this time of the year, but certainly won't be threatening any records when it comes in like that. We want that core coming down through MSS to BTV and seeping right down the N-S oriented valleys.

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

I am happy right where the core is, save the brutal for January but radiators will mount up soon. Man I looked at the glass this Am 30.52, nice

I agree, I'll take a modified cold air mass, We don't need an arctic one overhead as i would still like to see snow.............:lol:

3 minutes ago, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

These arctic shortwave will explode once they reach our benchmark location, especially if they move south of New England and south of 40.5N latitude

In your mind, you’re working off of the 200 inches per year for CHH benchmark right?

Archived