Most Online
    MDweatherman
    Newest Member
    MDweatherman
powderfreak

March 14/15 W & NNE weenies jumping from the Tobin Coastal Storm Discussion

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Unreadable?

Just a joke. On another forum it's a really common joke to take a screenshot of a typo in a game and say "literally unplayable." I probably should have used a comma instead of a period there. I enjoyed reading your forecast, your reasoning was straightforward and the writing is clear. 

Jesus I alway lose this link...

Anyone have the link to the site for the std deviations for specific variables for ncep models? Like u-wind, pwat, etc?

3 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think this storm is as close to un-debbie-able as it gets outside of SE areas. When you have such an epic Gulf firehose slamming into the cold dome it's pretty hard to go wrong. There will be local nuances like always but it's going to come in as a wall of snow for all. 

I agree totally.   I'm liking my more western Interior location in CT at this point.  Not gonna worry about every lil Thing at this point.  Going with the GFS/Euro.

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Cool

You have steadily taken it up a notch.  The thinking and writing have been on such an upward curve.  You just need to hire a graphics designer and you could sell that.   Is Sam available for maps?

13 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Just got a chance to look some stuff over... man... if this came in even a hair colder it could be huge here.... like the difference between 6" or 12-14"

Model thermals often run warm. (silver lining?)

16 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

GUESS WHOOOOOOO'S BACK HOME   

THE SNOWMAN :cory::cory::cory::cory::cory::cory::cory:

HE'S BACK B****ES!      Sound the Alarms!  Raise the Red Light for the Rare Blizzard Warnings!  Barton The Hatches!  Open the Hatches to Let the Weenies Fly!  LET'S DO THIS!!!!!!!  

Nice man and heres your welcome back present:

:weenie::weenie::weenie:

19 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I think this storm is as close to un-debbie-able as it gets outside of SE areas. When you have such an epic Gulf firehose slamming into the cold dome it's pretty hard to go wrong. There will be local nuances like always but it's going to come in as a wall of snow for all. 

I feel like so many weenies here jumped on the old about to be retired NAM and just forgot the Euro/EPS etc etc.. It's almost like whatever the last model that ran is all they remember no matter what it is 

Can someone explain why Upton's grid forecast is different from their map forecast is different from their WSW? For my backyard their forecast looks like this:

grid: 11-15"

map: 12-18"

wsw: 8-12"

Which one is it? Pretty big discrepancies there. Kind of makes it difficult for the public to trust them.

6 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I feel like so many weenies here jumped on the old about to be retired NAM and just forgot the Euro/EPS etc etc.. It's almost like whatever the last model that ran is all they remember no matter what it is 

There was a quick and sharp change from Euro ecstasy to NAM chair tipping. FWIW I doubt the NAM goes east at 00z but I still wouldn't be too concerned about it. 

7 minutes ago, Mr. Windcredible! said:

Can someone explain why Upton's grid forecast is different from their map forecast is different from their WSW? For my backyard their forecast looks like this:

grid: 11-15"

map: 12-18"

wsw: 8-12"

Which one is it? Pretty big discrepancies there. Kind of makes it difficult for the public to trust them.

they should have just went with 24-36 and called it a day.