joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 8-9 Cold Rain Event

yoda

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks like inside the DC beltway, Euro temps never fall below the 34 to 35 degree range.  Maybe on grass if it snows with huge , ginormous flakes but otherwise,  just snow confetti.  Still could have some accumulations towards the PA line.  Seems to me that the Eruo temps have crept up since yesterday. 

3 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'm honestly not happy with this run. It's still just barely ok for the metro but the trend isn't what we want to see. If it holds, it'll be ok, but one more shift like that and we're toast(y).

Its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the GFS

edit: or not.  meh, its a close one that will tease many and nut on others.

1 minute ago, usedtobe said:

Looks like inside the DC beltway, Euro temps never fall below the 34 to 35 degree range.  Maybe on grass if it snows with huge , ginormous flakes but otherwise,  just snow confetti.  Still could have some accumulations towards the PA line.  Seems to me that the Eruo temps have crept up since yesterday. 

Yea, it was a step towards the warmer/rainier camp. Considering how marginal it is already, that type of move is not nice to see. One more of those and it's all rain. 

1 minute ago, NorthArlington101 said:

I'm honestly not happy with this run. It's still just barely ok for the metro but the trend isn't what we want to see. If it holds, it'll be ok, but one more shift like that and we're toast(y).

Dude....we're done.  Best case scenario for DC is like an inch or two of slop.  Everyone from Elkton --> Boston crushed. 

1 minute ago, H2O said:

Its waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay better than the GFS

Yeah but...

1 minute ago, Bob Chill said:

Yea, it was a step towards the warmer/rainier camp. Considering how marginal it is already, that type of move is not nice to see. One more of those and it's all rain. 

I'm not saying I wouldn't la-la-lock it up, but by all means its not a good run IMHO when we are still searching for trends. If this was the last run before the storm, I'd take it and run.

Commuteageddon is the storm I keep thinking of with this one, or maybe hoping for. I think I got something like 6-8 inches of heavy, wet snow in a short period of time and some people did much better. Could be wrong, but I thought that was a total model failure up in NYC and NE and they ended up getting like 2 feet of snow.

Just now, NorthArlington101 said:

Yeah but...

I'm not saying I wouldn't la-la-lock it up, but by all means its not a good run IMHO when we are still searching for trends. If this was the last run before the storm, I'd take it and run.

I know.  The pros are saying its a dumper of a run but even if I get what it shows it would double my total for the season of 1.25"

goddamn, thats sad.

Just now, mitchnick said:

<ducking for cover> Hey, Euro has support from the Canadian <ducking for cover>

Euro has inched northward and ticked warmer the last 2 runs. Need that to halt. Its juicier though, so rates lol.

It has had 3-4" imby for 3 straight runs. I will not be expecting that to verify.

This thread is awful.  It should be closed and another started....without the off topic stuff.  It's unusual for me to say something like that, but when this discussion went from the storm to which group of posters would have their panties in a wad it convinced me that we need to start over.

Archived