Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

1 minute ago, mreaves said:

I got that on my phone and was going to paste it here but couldn't find it on their page.  They do seem a bit bullish.

Must be riding the NAM but it's a dangerous game.

Ive been 6-12" at the ski resort since noon yesterday...feel good there.  The backside upslope is the wild card.  Friday could add decently with moist NW flow but it's always hard to tell how much.  Upslope could be 2-3" or next thing you know the Spine is cranking out 6-9" of NW flow fluff after the synoptic.

IMG_4196.PNG

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Why does it look so different than the crappy 12k?

http://5E40A56A-C540-42E2-A9E5-B707AEAF6D90_zps

It is bombing the low a bit sooner than the 12km NAM...it develops the secondary a little further east to the south as well...rather than cut across GON is it going almost due north from just SSE of LI up into Newport, RI.

weather people on tv stations just change their forecast every times models runs come out which is wrong that why i stay with my forecast dont change . wont a warm storm thur for ct  Weather models have not been good this year but guess many dont see that . I seen it many times before when models went more warmer storm or more west track which never happen when the storm formed that why i dont change my forecast . That why lot people dont with changes they make day or night before the storm . you should stay with your forecast even if many change their forecast .

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It is bombing the low a bit sooner than the 12km NAM...it develops the secondary a little further east to the south as well...rather than cut across GON is it going almost due north from just SSE of LI up into Newport, RI.

What should we be using or maybe better put.. putting more emphasis on this close in? The 3, 4 or 12k? Or do we blend?

weather people on tv stations just change their forecast every times models runs come out which is wrong that why i stay with my forecast dont change . wont a warm storm thur for ct  Weather models have not been good this year but guess many dont see that . I seen it many times before when models went more warmer storm or more west track which never happen when the storm formed that why i dont change my forecast . That why lot people dont with changes they make day or night before the storm . you should stay with your forecast even if many change their forecast .

...so you're saying that it's wrong to give the public the most accurate, up-to-date forecasts possible based upon the latest model data?

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Gosh this is starting to get a little scary even up here, as I get closer and closer to that line

I think your in a decent spot. Only thing that would really mix you is the gfs. I'm not too hopeful down here in SW Rockingham county though. 

6 minutes ago, blizzard24 said:

They're the worst! 

8 minutes ago, blizzard24 said:

Please wear your seatbelt.

3 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

I think your in a decent spot. Only thing that would really mix you is the gfs. I'm not too hopeful down here in SW Rockingham county though. 

Yeah...no need to worry about it. Many on the forum would love to be in our spot. Time to let it play out. 

13 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

What should we be using or maybe better put.. putting more emphasis on this close in? The 3, 4 or 12k? Or do we blend?

Blend for now. There's really no point in going "all in" with a particular solution right now. I'd prob ignore the 3km...it's experimental. The 4km though isn't that different, a bit more toned down.

The place to be

MEZ012-291030-
SOUTHERN OXFORD-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BETHEL...BRYANT POND...HANOVER...
LOCKE MILLS...MILTON...NEWRY...RUMFORD...NORWAY...FRYEBURG...OXFORD
328 PM EST WED DEC 28 2016

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THURSDAY TO 11 AM EST
FRIDAY...

.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. COLDER WITH LOWS AROUND 15. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS.
.THURSDAY...SNOW...MAINLY IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF
2 TO 4 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.
CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. SNOW. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY
AT TIMES IN THE EVENING. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 18 TO 24 INCHES.
LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP
TO 20 MPH...BECOMING NORTHWEST 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH
AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE MID
30S. WEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW
50 PERCENT.

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

The place to be

MEZ012-291030-
SOUTHERN OXFORD-
INCLUDING THE CITIES OF...BETHEL...BRYANT POND...HANOVER...
LOCKE MILLS...MILTON...NEWRY...RUMFORD...NORWAY...FRYEBURG...OXFORD
328 PM EST WED DEC 28 2016

...WINTER STORM WARNING IN EFFECT FROM 11 AM THURSDAY TO 11 AM EST
FRIDAY...

.TONIGHT...PARTLY CLOUDY. COLDER WITH LOWS AROUND 15. LIGHT AND
VARIABLE WINDS.
.THURSDAY...SNOW...MAINLY IN THE AFTERNOON. SNOW ACCUMULATION OF
2 TO 4 INCHES. HIGHS IN THE UPPER 20S. LIGHT AND VARIABLE WINDS.
CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.THURSDAY NIGHT...A CHANCE OF THUNDERSTORMS. SNOW. SNOW MAY BE HEAVY
AT TIMES IN THE EVENING. TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATION OF 18 TO 24 INCHES.
LOWS IN THE UPPER 20S. NORTHEAST WINDS AROUND 10 MPH WITH GUSTS UP
TO 20 MPH...BECOMING NORTHWEST 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH
AFTER MIDNIGHT. CHANCE OF SNOW NEAR 100 PERCENT.
.FRIDAY...CLOUDY. A CHANCE OF SNOW IN THE MORNING. HIGHS IN THE MID
30S. WEST WINDS 15 TO 20 MPH WITH GUSTS UP TO 35 MPH. CHANCE OF SNOW
50 PERCENT.

This is a nice pack builder for that Sunday River region...pretty classic.

Hopefully they get a 50"+ pack at the base by the end of winter so I can do a repeat of my March 2014 trip.

ALY forecast for Thur....yet WSW gone and WWA up. ok..

Thursday
Snow, mainly after 9am. High near 35. Southeast wind 6 to 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. New snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches possible.
Thursday Night
Snow likely, mainly before midnight. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 27. West wind 10 to 16 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Archived