Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The euro is coming back down I think from some of those earlier amped up solutions. That's a big deal for CT. As usual, some sort of a compromise is the way to go in forecasting, with the understanding of model biases like GFS low level temps. 

scott, so that means a good chance i will be out of a warning zone and into advisory if and when NWS changes or updates?

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, 512high said:

scott, so that means a good chance i will be out of a warning zone and into advisory if and when NWS changes or updates?

You're right on the line. They'll probably stick with what they have for continuity. I also would like to see the euro before making any decisions. I'm sure OceanStwx would gladly answer any questions you may have as well.   :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, 512high said:

Doubtful you see a change in headline, because there is still a chance, but you just gained a whole bunch more uncertainty since the midnight shift's warning.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

You're right on the line. They'll probably stick with what they have for continuity. I also would like to see the euro before making any decisions. I'm sure OceanStwx would gladly answer any questions you may have as well.   :ph34r:

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

Doubtful you see a change in headline, because there is still a chance, but you just gained a whole bunch more uncertainty since the midnight shift's warning.

Thank you both.......will await to watch EURO

9 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I would really have preferred another shift with a watch up, but se la vie.

At least it's an interesting forecast. 

Just now, OceanStWx said:

We might have shot ourselves in the foot across the just inland from the coast zones in ME. Like I could see ASH with more snow than AUG. 

might you have to split some counties?  based on this mornings runs NW Merrimack County could have 18 inches while SE has a foot less.  Probably the same thing around Manchester and Nashua.  Also probably some interesting micro effects with an E or ESE wind bumping into some hills around here.  CON and north up the river is around 300 ft.  I am 5-7 miles west of the river at 675 and then some areas just west of me in Salisbury and Andover are 1000+ and then Mt. Kearsarge, a few miles to my west, is 3000.

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

might you have to split some counties?  based on this mornings runs NW Merrimack County could have 18 inches while SE has a foot less.  Probably the same thing around Manchester and Nashua.  Also probably some interesting micro effects with an E or ESE wind bumping into some hills around here.  CON and north up the river is around 300 ft.  I am 5-7 miles west of the river at 675 and then some areas just west of me in Salisbury and Andover are 1000+ and then Mt. Kearsarge, a few miles to my west, is 3000.

We have zone splits that are hard coded into certain counties. Like Hillsborough, you have the ASH-MHT corridor "Eastern Hillsborough" and central and western Hillsborough. We currently don't have a split in Merrimack, though it certainly could be useful at times.

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

We have zone splits that are hard coded into certain counties. Like Hillsborough, you have the ASH-MHT corridor "Eastern Hillsborough" and central and western Hillsborough. We currently don't have a split in Merrimack, though it certainly could be useful at times.

You should take a ride up here in winter, from west to east across the county.  Very very different.  Huge elevation changes, and a very different look.  the NW 1/2 of the county looks and feels like NNE and the SE much like the coastal plain.

Please tell me this awful trend today isn't gonna continue, as I think I am getting near to riding that line that so many others are ending up on the wrong side of.

2 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

You should take a ride up here in winter, from west to east across the county.  Very very different.  Huge elevation changes, and a very different look.  the NW 1/2 of the county looks and feels like NNE and the SE much like the coastal plain.

Please tell me this awful trend today isn't gonna continue, as I think I am getting near to riding that line that so many others are ending up on the wrong side of.

You look fine now, but as you say you don't want the NW trend to continue much. If you can stay right NW of the dividing line you could be in for the most fun with convection and what not.

And I know the area fairly well. I've spent a lot of time at Sunapee, which is actually in the far western part of the county, and it is always like a different world up there from the 93/89 interchange.

Archived