Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Too warm I think unless this bombed near ACK. For the cape, not gonna happen.

Interesting storm for SNE. Best precip is to the east probably but the cold air will be the key. Could be a 128 to ORH special (with perhaps a flash to S+ in BOS later on) if you take just a slightly toned down version of the euro...which wouldn't be too unreasonable since it is the most wound up solution of the guidance.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Interesting storm for SNE. Best precip is to the east probably but the cold air will be the key. Could be a 128 to ORH special (with perhaps a flash to S+ in BOS later on) if you take just a slightly toned down version of the euro...which wouldn't be too unreasonable since it is the most wound up solution of the guidance.

It literally would need a small adjustment. I'm not a fan of the se flow ahead of it as it gets a little mild just off the deck. But, still time to work out. 

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Jeff and Brian are very nicely located for this.  Too bad this couldn't be more mature and slower moving for SNE.  There's still time to impact the "maturity" factor, but it will still be moving along at a decent clipl

5 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

One more bump east and many are crushed . As it stands verbatim it ends as snow to the water 

http://B608BF76-B5F0-424C-BF24-7CC288A45895_zps

I think we really need an earlier stronger phase and a slightly colder profile in CT, the track wasn't terrible but antecedent air mass is marginal and by the time it really bombs out the nice comma head CCB type action is to our NE but its close on the Euro. NW CT does pretty good verbatim on the Euro.

2 minutes ago, CTValleySnowMan said:

I think we really need an earlier stronger phase and a slightly colder profile in CT, the track wasn't terrible but antecedent air mass is marginal and by the time it really bombs out the nice comma head CCB type action is to our NE but its close on the Euro. NW CT does pretty good verbatim on the Euro.

Verbatim on Euro it's probably initially an elevated deal that favors NW hills and then snowline crashes to coast and many places pick up 3-6. But like mets said it's very possible another bump SE happens which helps immensely 

I like the concept of the the 'correction vector' and wondering where that falls with the modeling we see here.  I'm guessing using the EC as a SW goalpost--and nothing to suggest it should be even further SW than it's showing--that the correction vector would be toward later developing.  If so, the question shifts to the magnitude of the correction.  I suspect we'll get more clarity on that in a few hours.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I like the concept of the the 'correction vector' and wondering where that falls with the modeling we see here.  I'm guessing using the EC as a SW goalpost--and nothing to suggest it should be even further SW than it's showing--that the correction vector would be toward later developing.  If so, the question shifts to the magnitude of the correction.  I suspect we'll get more clarity on that in a few hours.

With the way things have shifted this season, I could see it moving too far east as well

Archived