Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, for days I've been thinking its going east as they almost always do.  Or like 8 out of 10 do. 

Now its almost like western NH up into northern NH that was looking like an absolute lock for like 18" might end up 6-12".

Our pain is Dryslots gain, lol.  Happy for those guys in Maine though.

Still plenty of ticks east left to go. 

What the heck happened?  How was RGem and NAM off by so much so close to the storm?  We can't forecast it out twelve hours all the sudden?  Crotched mountain went from 12-18 inches by NWS down to 2-6 and all maps look way East... Even the Mount Washington valley lost 60% of its forecasted snowfall.  I'm pissed.

Edit: clicked wrong link earlier... Not sure what to make of this storm now.  NWS still bullish but models not showing the projected snowfall anymore 

SFC temps going up but I'm still surprised at where the rain snow line is despite temps in the mid 30's. Had wet flakes off in on in N Andover and at 36 or 37F. Makes me wonder about how much is going to stick in regards to ground temp. Also, snow quality, if heavy wet snow will keep accumulation compact. 

1 hour ago, CoolMike said:

What the heck happened?  How was RGem and NAM off by so much so close to the storm?  We can't forecast it out twelve hours all the sudden?  Crotched mountain went from 12-18 inches by NWS down to 2-6 and all maps look way East... Even the Mount Washington valley lost 60% of its forecasted snowfall.  I'm pissed.

Edit: clicked wrong link earlier... Not sure what to make of this storm now.  NWS still bullish but models not showing the projected snowfall anymore 

We've been getting hammered here is Bartlett/Jackson since about 1400 in a heavy band - still at the bar (haha) will update with an actual ruler but eyeballs are saying 6" thus far.  

Archived