Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

8 minutes ago, klw said:

Just started here.  I am not liking the NAM this morning!  It went from 18 to 7 IMBY.  NAM I have some grievances with you!

This goes along with the 'needle thread' phenomenon and illustrates how the margin for error is pretty damn tight.  Wiggles on the order of 50 miles mean 20 or 2" in these cases. The fact that the very last couple of cycles of model guidance (across varying types at that...) are showing frets, and hints and starts at bumping things east, it makes sense that now your snow numbers get lopped off pretty quickly.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Keep in mind: Those trends have been great but all it has amounted to was Scott calling it "interesting". 

It's an interesting development. It's not concrete. Just interesting. We'll see.

Pants off sarcasm was a weenie joke gone wrong.

Probably just bad timing with people hunting for there rope

20 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Well....I guess it was a serious question? I dunno, just seemed like there was some pants dropping about it, that's why I asked.  I really know nothing about the models except what I read on here. 

Be that as it may ... I did provide an explanation for how the models should be used if it was serious - but it 'sounds' a bit like you were tongue-in-cheek pointing out that folks are putting all the eggs in the HRRR basket...  That's fine too - if they are doing so, they shouldn't be...

However, I think for most there is a tendency to celebrate the eye-candy quotient of this or that run, and that secondarily can be misconstrued as something else. 

Thing is, the majority user of this forum is here to be with a community of winter enthusiasts.  In fact I'd even go so far as to say the average user can't find the same celebratory 'joy' (for lack of better words) in general ...outside this medium in their respective sphere of influences and souls.  I know almost everyone at my office, and all my siblings, ...my parents and bro circles can only tolerate it for a couple minutes before they gloss over and squirm out of conversations in certain haste ... Hell, even my imaginary girlfriend can't stand it..

seriously, this for all intents and purposes is a collection area for like enthusiasts (some sane, some nutty haha) - naturally, one should expect celebrating guidance, whether in incredulity or faith, as a primary tendency.  We don't walk in and question why everyone in an art studio seems to using paint. 

Guys!  I'm going up to Jaffrey, NH to spend the night at the Benjamin Prescott in with my lady friend!  Driving up at 11:30 before it gets nuts.  I'll keep everyone posted from what should a Fantastic storm in an always fantastic spot.  any of you guys near Jaffrey??  I'll bring the accordion!  

7 minutes ago, TheSnowman said:

Guys!  I'm going up to Jaffrey, NH to spend the night at the Benjamin Prescott in with my lady friend!  Driving up at 11:30 before it gets nuts.  I'll keep everyone posted from what should a Fantastic storm in an always fantastic spot.  any of you guys near Jaffrey??  I'll bring the accordion!  

Should be fun there

Archived