Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DomNH said:

I've been out of the forecasting game for a while, but the more I look at this the more I wouldn't be surprised if the ASH-MHT area is in for a serious blue bomb. I don't think we'll know if we can overcome that marginal layer from like 900-sfc until it happens. Glad I don't have to make an actual forecast for this area.

greetings fellow Nashuan, so I should be good for at least 5", before mix? is this done on major precip. by 10 pm or so?

NE MA gets in the game if the low tracks outside of BOS and really deepens. The latest guidance is doing that rather than strengthening it right over BOS or even slightly west on some previous runs. 

So some of these runs where the low goes to town about the time is reaches east of BOS or the north shore is where a burst of heavier snow could happen there. 

Well, at least I know what my area (plymouth to CC)will get...I do not have to be the tortured soul. In MA, and CT, I think those with 800 to 1000 feet of elevation but south of the pike will see some snow, but if you have no latitude or elevation this is a no-go. North of Rt 2 special, ski country gem! 

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The BTV WRF, HRRR, and even RPM to an extent have some nice ending snows over the nrn 495 corridor.  Might be something to watch as their latitude might help get into the CCB.

I just looked at those new runs and it certainly raises an eyebrow. Likely a hair too late for here. Could mean a lot more for areas just north.

9 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Well, at least I know what my area (plymouth to CC)will get...I do not have to be the tortured soul. In MA, and CT, I think those with 800 to 1000 feet of elevation but south of the pike will see some snow, but if you have no latitude or elevation this is a no-go. North of Rt 2 special, ski country gem! 

Sadly, I am about 4 miles S of Rte 2 :(

15 minutes ago, 512high said:

greetings fellow Nashuan, so I should be good for at least 5", before mix? is this done on major precip. by 10 pm or so?

Like I said I'm glad I'm not actually forecasting this lol I could see 3'' of snow to slush or 8-10'' of paste. And I think that's about right...maybe a touch later. 

Archived