Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, DomNH said:

Like I said I'm glad I'm not actually forecasting this lol I could see 3'' of snow to slush or 8-10'' of paste. And I think that's about right...maybe a touch later. 

lol....me too.  I remember events like this would drive me crazy with some of my clients.  As Charlie Bagley (if anyone remembers him) used to say "prepare for the worst and hope for the best!".

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

cant post the sounding for your hill for some reason but hrrrrrrrr at hr 10+ supports snow.

Someone last night posted the way the Mesos are programmed if 2m model temps are 34..it shows  precip as rain, but in reality it could be snow. Or something like that. I'm sure it rains, but at least something interesting to track 

15 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Gah....what a 6 hr sh*t show for Dendrite, Gene, and Scott in the lakes region. Hopefully a lightning bolt takes out Brian's soil temp sensor again.

Should be fun this evening. Wish I wasn't so under the weather so I could enjoy it more. I'm just hoping I don't lose power. Hopefully these east ticks keep me below 32F. 

7 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

lol....me too.  I remember events like this would drive me crazy with some of my clients.  As Charlie Bagley (if anyone remembers him) used to say "prepare for the worst and hope for the best!".

Charley Bagely would always say "No big  deal" for most every storm.  Lol.  Unless they were forecasting a foot, it was always no big deal to him.

53 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Outside of the White Mtns and the Adjacent Maine Elevations this thing is a roll of the dice

for  N. VT (do they get in deform) could be 6 or 14 in Stowe

CP of Maine away from immediate Coast (BL torch?/Dry slot) , 495-ORH to FIT-MHT-CON same deal

One thing i noticed on the 0z Hi-Res Nam products last nite (not as much on the 6z that had a further east track and slightly slower development).....that a sort of backside Stinger was swinging thru Essex County close to 128 Belt around 11pm and dropping a a nice little burst. This appeared to be as rapid deepening was occuring and the low was just NE of PSM,NH.

http://mp1.met.psu.edu/~fxg1/NAMSFC4_0z/cld28.html

I think the misconception that this is a "very difficult forecast" for a majority of the sub-forum is due to people being engaged in modelology rather than meteorology. The WPC forecast for track/intensity issued at 19z yesterday was on point. Aside from this, rain/snow/mix gradients and ratios are always a pain to decipher up to the start time of the event. I suspect that in terms of model run to run variance and lead team this event --as a nor Easter--is pretty much on par with the mean.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Someone last night posted the way the Mesos are programmed if 2m model temps are 34..it shows  precip as rain, but in reality it could be snow. Or something like that. I'm sure it rains, but at least something interesting to track 

yea, makes sense. and snow maps wont accumulate it. I think you will have fun on NE. 4-5" in this little micro climate system while couple miles west on 84 struggle. have fun take pics of the chutes falling and not your post storm driveway snowbanks, thanks lol. 

1 minute ago, jbenedet said:

I think the misconception that this is a "very difficult forecast" for a majority of the sub-forum is due to people being engaged in modelology rather than meteorology. The WPC forecast for track/intensity issued at 19z yesterday was on point. Aside from this, rain/snow/mix gradients and ratios are always a pain to decipher up to the start time of the event. I suspect that in terms of model run to run variance and lead team this event --as a nor Easter--is pretty much on par with the mean.

It's definitely a very difficult forecast for a narrow area where lots of people live.  This is the zone of 2" or 9" of high impact event.

24 minutes ago, MetHerb said:

Yep, gun to weenie I'd say we're in for 7-8'' of paste here but it's easier to say that when you don't have anyone depending on your forecast..

Archived