Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

Is it good to put all our weight into the HRRR? Is that what is normally done so close to an event? 

Well the trend is there, but lets see a few more runs show this. I'd watch the RAP and HRRR. However The NAM has also shown a faster development. I think your spot is in a good area right now.

26 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

wife with mini me in NJ today, me thinks this weenie takes a drive to Tawyb or DITs local gentlmens club. 

unfortunately there are no "gentlemens clubs" in winsted, but in the dirty water, you got Mr.Happys...but not gonna be too great for Waterbury me thinks...also btw, it's snowing at a good clip, dusted up already...Ill take a faster deepening, and stick with my 4" I've been calling for imby all along and hope i bust high....

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Inside 12 hrs it starts to have value. I also look for trend analysis this far out. That's more important than verbatim solutions.

In that case, Overnight models and the HRRR has gone in the right direction at least, Now if it translates to the surface obs then we will know if its real

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Inside 12 hrs it starts to have value. I also look for trend analysis this far out. That's more important than verbatim solutions.

Yeah- these mesos are about direction more than the actual run verbatim. Which way it's heading, etc. They can also be completely wrong. But when it's heading in the correct direction along with the other mesos as a *group*, take a bit of notice. If it was HRRR alone, it would mean nothing.

14 minutes ago, Whineminster said:

Is it good to put all our weight into the HRRR? Is that what is normally done so close to an event? 

Wait, are you serious with this question, or is that tongue-in-cheek sarcasm?

It's fine if it's the latter - just can't hear critical vocal tone/inflection, so going just on the words alone ...HELL NO.

I don't think anyone reputable, or who wants to be reputable in this game would ever put "all their weight" into one guidance source. 

Operational philosophy, 101:  models are 'virtual' ... ?  that may seem obvious, but, sometimes folks get lost in them.  The social media vernacular has coined the expression, "modelology" ...it's related to the same flawed approach. 

The models really serve two purpose:  a ... create a paradigm of what "might" happen, and then doing so several different ways (different model types and physics they used) allows the user to decide, based upon experience, education, ...gut intuition and good old fashion art, what is the course of least regret.  Yes, sometimes, one model will turn out more correct than it's peers. But even crap-stain tools like the GGEM get shiney dog balls once in a blue moon.  Point being, one has to be intelligent about using any of these so called "guidance," or they risk being miss-guided. b... the other is entertainment.

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

Well....I guess it was a serious question? I dunno, just seemed like there was some pants dropping about it, that's why I asked.  I really know nothing about the models except what I read on here. 

The only one dropping draws was Jay. I think 5 of us said to wait and see the trends. But it's fair to say the trends are interesting for at least NE MA and into NE CT.

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I just look for trends. So far the mesos seem to be a bit further east...like east of BOS vs over the city. That's what I am looking for.

Yea, I just posted to that up a couple post back, Its really just seeing where the slp tracks, How soon it intensifys and where the mid level low centers follow, The rest speaks for itself

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The only one dropping draws was Jay. I think 5 of us said to wait and see the trends. But it's fair to say the trends are interesting for at least NE MA and into NE CT.

I mean... I wasn't seriously dropping draws. I still have my pants on for now. I will keep you posted when they come off though. 

Archived