Total Members
    Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well it all depends on the UVVs. If you have like 80 microbars per second you can prob wash out 2C pretty easy...lol. But easier said than done to get that lift. This storm should be able to produce it though...esp up that way as it goes nuts. 

Well that was where i was going with that, I know when it gets up here its dropping mb like prom dresses...................;)

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Well it all depends on the UVVs. If you have like 80 microbars per second you can prob wash out 2C pretty easy...lol. But easier said than done to get that lift. This storm should be able to produce it though...esp up that way as it goes nuts. 

Is that why Mesos are turning it back to a few hour thump of 2-4 for areas south of Pike too? 

I'm also not sure how much of a typical late March deck destroying blue bomb this really is - at least out this way. It won't be fluffy but it's not like we're isothermal through much of the column. It's pretty cold until it gets close to the surface. 

8 minutes ago, mreaves said:

I'm despondent at that image.

Ha, for days I've been thinking its going east as they almost always do.  Or like 8 out of 10 do. 

Now its almost like western NH up into northern NH that was looking like an absolute lock for like 18" might end up 6-12".

Our pain is Dryslots gain, lol.  Happy for those guys in Maine though.

Just now, kmcfarland99 said:

Looks like there may have to be some headline changes for coastal maine, especially PWM if the latest maps/trends come to fruition. Until now, we've been mostly expecting a big rain event but now we may have the possibility of a real winter event.

At the very least an advisory is headed out the door. 

13 minutes ago, adk said:

It isn't ideal. 

13 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah and the meso models are much less generous than that for us WNE folks.

12 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha, for days I've been thinking its going east as they almost always do.  Or like 8 out of 10 do. 

Now its almost like western NH up into northern NH that was looking like an absolute lock for like 18" might end up 6-12".

Our pain is Dryslots gain, lol.  Happy for those guys in Maine though.

Its going to have to end quick then.  There is already almost 3" here in downtown MPV

4 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Euro mid level low forecasts are a good deal east of where they were yesterday. If true, that's likely very good news for those west of the turnpike. 

Models have ticked this east all morning, Looking at SPC meso analysis page, Slp does not look like its going over SE Mass

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Models have ticked this east all morning, Looking at SPC meso analysis page, Slp does not look like its going over SE Mass

Yeah the east tick started yesterday at 18z, IMO.  But this is all very expected for Miller B's.  RIP Messenger...he's the one that would've been all over that the past few days.  Its just how these work.

Archived