Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

All the NAM models (perhaps not the 3k) have introduced rain through essentially all of Massachusetts for a time lowering totals even through  GC and northern ORH where they had been solid for multiple runs.  Nowcast time, I guess.

Very difficult to go against the meso models this close in. With explosive storms..they should handle this better,...but who knows

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Very difficult to go against the meso models this close in. With explosive storms..they should handle this better,...but who knows

That is my inclination which is why I'm bummed to see them now dropping rain even through GC.  I had not expected that to change in the final 6-12 hours before the start of the event.

As I was looking at the HRRR, I was suddenly thinking how great it would be to have Messenger here to play-by-play radar trends and unfolding HRRR/RAP models.. 

7 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

That is hardly snow at all.  Who needs shoveling--just walk down the driveway and fart, and it'll all turn to water.

Regular clearing and 6-hour measurements will be crucial as this will compact quickly.

19 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

I kept track of the models overnight.

Not much has changed in terms of modeling. It still looks like the same areas we've talked about for days. 

Pull down the blinds if you are coastal or south of the pike and move onto the next storm. 

Hope NNE enjoys this blockbuster. Maine friends should do well. 

Gonna be some surprises with this one. Not nearly cut and dry like you think

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

That is hardly snow at all.  Who needs shoveling--just walk down the driveway and fart, and it'll all turn to water.

Regular clearing and 6-hour measurements will be crucial as this will compact quickly.

I think you will get crushed and have more like 8-9 to 1 ratios but down the road Greenfield might be 3-5 inches of slop....I forecast 10 plus for you...man snow

3 minutes ago, codfishsnowman said:

I think you will get crushed and have more like 8-9 to 1 ratios but down the road Greenfield might be 3-5 inches of slop....I forecast 10 plus for you...man snow

As sad as it is for me to say it, if it is that heavy, I might actually go out toward the end of the day and shovel before the evening portion.  I guess I'm not as young as I used to be.

I think this is one of the most difficult storms to forecast in recent memory

Models struggle somewhat with timing explosive SLP development

IF this struggles just a hair slower than the 0Z euro did with development this is going to be a very ugly wet storm and that "expect at least" graphic would be the ball park Accumulation.

Looking forward to going up to Whitefield for the long weekend and traversing over to Attitiash/Wildcat. The Cat will likely be buried.

4 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

IF this struggles just a hair slower than the 0Z euro did with development this is going to be a very ugly wet storm and that "expect at least" graphic would be the ball park Accumulation.

Looking forward to going up to Whitefield for the long weekend and traversing over to Attitiash/Wildcat. The Cat will likely be buried.

It would be helpful if you would be more specific regarding the location you are discussing, as I don't believe this assessment is accurate for the vast majority of the sub-forum. 

9 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Pickles? Is that you?

Archived