Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

GFS has been steadily moving to Euro idea of stronger SW 2ndary. Until 18z yesterday had a mild fropa. It's why it had been tossed . It was why you had folks closing shades south of Maine 4 days out lol

It's because the euro was a torch. It's also moved a bit to the GFS and a little east. As we said, maybe we see some sort of compromise. 

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

It's because the euro was a torch. It's also moved a bit to the GFS and a little east. As we said, maybe we see some sort of compromise. 

Wasn't referring to you..there were a few last night that said no chance and close curtains  and it was for Maine etc. 

I think a solid high end advisory or low end warning event is most likely..rig hto BOS and at least NW RI

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

Was'n referring to you..there were a few last night that said niobium's chance and it was for Maine etc. 

I think a solid high end advisory or low end warning event is most likely..rig hto BOS and at least NW RI

A bit bullish. We'll see what today brings. I'm hoping to head north Wednesday night. 

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

A track and slp strength in between the GFS/EURO would still yield a siggy event for many, To bad its trucking along

So far this has not been the season for the plodding systems.  Keeps pennys and nickles instead of dimes and quarters.

15 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

With the way things have shifted this season, I could see it moving too far east as well

Sometimes patterns are just progressive.

5 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

So far this has not been the season for the plodding systems.  Keeps pennys and nickles instead of dimes and quarters.

Sometimes patterns are just progressive.

QPF concerns??  lol, Well, This ones has a shot at being more quarters and halves, Like northern maine has seen most of the winter

4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Well, This ones has a shot at being more quarters and halves, Like northern maine has seen most of the winter

Yup--a good season for up there.  GYX is calling for all snow in my p/c at this point for here on the coast.  It could be a deal where here and GC wind up with comparable amounts due to taint here on the coast off-setting lower qpf amounts back at the Pit.

I might be back up here for it regardless of what the models are showing as my father-in-law is not doing well.

18* here, 19* at the Pit.

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Yup--a good season for up there.  GYX is calling for all snow in my p/c at this point for here on the coast.  It could be a deal where here and GC wind up with comparable amounts due to taint here on the coast off-setting lower qpf amounts back at the Pit.

I might be back up here for it regardless of what the models are showing as my father-in-law is not doing well.

18* here, 19* at the Pit.

Sorry to hear about your father in law Mike, Hope things work out for yourself,wife and family

1 minute ago, Hazey said:

I never thought I'd say this but I'm waiting to see what the Nam does. Should be coming into range. It hasn't been too bad with this pattern overall.

Its pretty much at the end of its range, I think if at all you need another two days or so to realistically consider it

Just now, Hazey said:

True but it might give a sense of where it's heading. It's not optimal but it has sniffed out a few eventual tracks. I'm more curious to see if it keeps its trend of being a "not bad model". We'll see

My guess is it shows something, Just not may be what folks want lol

8 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Sorry to hear about your father in law Mike, Hope things work out for yourself,wife and family

Thanks, Jeff.  While he never fully recovered from a stroke he had many years ago, the last couple years have been particularly difficult with the general health declines typical of octogenarians.  So to the degree that quality of life is measured, it has not been a good few years.

4 minutes ago, Hazey said:

True but it might give a sense of where it's heading. It's not optimal but it has sniffed out a few eventual tracks. I'm more curious to see if it keeps its trend of being a "not bad model". We'll see

If it shows snow, there will be embraced with great rejoicing. 

If it shows something else, it will simply be tossed as 1) it's the NAM and 2) it's at the end of its range and shouldn't be taken seriously in any event.

If it shows snow, there will be embraced with great rejoicing. 

If it shows something else, it will simply be tossed as 1) it's the NAM and 2) it's at the end of its range and shouldn't be taken seriously in any event.

Haha good point. Optimism and pessimism have no play in the weather game. Won't change the outcome. It's just weather. Cheers.

10 minutes ago, Hazey said:

That primary has to die a quick death to stem the waa or coastal development has to ramp up quickly to cut it off. High in Labrador is not great but could keep the cold air in for central areas of NH VT ME to have frozen...at least longer duration.

Going to be a tough go on this one for the south coast  unless we get that secondary slp to bomb below SNE like just east of LI and warp the colder air around the backside sooner

Archived