Newest Member
    12bet1 net
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Much more realistic than 6z

12z Wednesday, Dec 28 fh = 4512z Wednesday, Dec 28 fh = 5106z Wednesday, Dec 28 fh = 5700z Wednesday, Dec 28 fh = 6318z Tuesday, Dec 27 fh = 6912z Tuesday, Dec 27 fh = 7506z Tuesday, Dec 27 fh = 8100z Tuesday, Dec 27 fh = 8718z Monday, Dec 26 fh = 9312z Monday, Dec 26 fh = 9906z Monday, Dec 26 fh = 10500z Monday, Dec 26 fh = 11118z Sunday, Dec 25 fh = 11712z Sunday, Dec 25 fh = 12306z Sunday, Dec 25 fh = 12900z Sunday, Dec 25 fh = 13518z Saturday, Dec 24 fh = 14112z Saturday, Dec 24 fh = 14706z Saturday, Dec 24 fh = 15300z Saturday, Dec 24 fh = 15918z Friday, Dec 23 fh = 16512z Friday, Dec 23 fh = 17106z Friday, Dec 23 fh = 17700z Friday, Dec 23 fh = 18318z Thursday, Dec 22 fh = 18912z Thursday, Dec 22 fh = 19506z Thursday, Dec 22 fh = 20100z Thursday, Dec 22 fh = 20718z Wednesday, Dec 21 fh = 21312z Wednesday, Dec 21 
Forecast Hour:45

•  

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Totally agree. I wasn't suggesting that we're going to have a problem with the airmasss tomorrow , as it does feel colder this morning and we had some snow flurries so there must be some cold air aloft coming in . I'm excited about what's to come up here. What is your thought about a dry slot? Frankly I don't see it as an issue up here because I figure we're going to get the warm advection precipitation and then we're gonna be in the Pivot point but I think Southeast New Hampshire maybe including Nashua and Manchester could get into the dry side first time 

I think dry slot will be from Boston on SE and then into ME--just east of Portland.

54 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

you guys seem way too nervous lol. frantically looking at every nws update, questioning which model they are using, comparing their snow maps to see which way your yards are trending....holy moly new englanders. just track it, get crushed or bust, and enjoy it.

Welcome to the forum!  Great first storm for you to be following here!

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Re the location of the drive slot, I'm surprised it would be so far Southeast . I was thinking if the storm really wrapped up in a push the dry slot inland quite far but I have no meteorological skill to make that assertion just past experience. 

The dryslot is on the eastern side of the storm, Its going to be in Maine

12 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

If RGEM comes in warm again, I'm going to just hop on the meso-train.

nam4km_asnow_neus_19.png

Now that I look at this closer, I think this is the first run that really shifted the bulk of the Jackpot from NH/ME to VT/NH.  We were seeing signs of this westward shift of heavier snows, but not the jackpot area.  Let's see what the RGEM shows.

I think the 12z Nam made a tick towards the GFS. The main discrepancy is with the location of cyclogenesis around LI. The NAM has this occurring much further northwest than the GFS, which causes the track further inland. I have to believe cyclogenesis off the coast of LI is something the GFS should resolve much better than the nam...

5 minutes ago, mreaves said:

If you look closely, you can see me and PF high fiving in the background.

Celebration.jpg

I do agree some of these runs just add confusion. 

I really like the NEK through almost all of NH and Maine Mtns.

This is like one of those crack ensemble runs or some ARW member that tries to bring 2" of QPF in like 12 hours (which ain't happening). 

Need to save for posterity to show how bad they are. 

hires_snow_neng_58.png

Archived