Total Members
    Most Online
    EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Quite sure its easier down there, But when your in an area like i am and many here that sit at 200' elevation and you have towns 20 miles to your west that are at 1,500'+ You get lumped in, That where knowing your climo comes into play.

Yeah its pretty similar in Hillsborough. ASH is like 200ft then you get to New Ipswich and Peterborough where you can get above 1K

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Quite sure its easier down there, But when your in an area like i am and many here that sit at 200' elevation and you have towns 20 miles to your west that are at 1,500'+ You get lumped in, That where knowing your climo comes into play.

Not to deviate from the storm disco, but LWX also splits some counties along the Blue Ridge/ Shenandoah Mts. where you have a similar elevation disparity.  If the split is done along a road or municipal boundary it's pretty easy for the public to understand.

11 minutes ago, dryslot said:

We know what side of the gradient he is on..................:P

ha, but if i was inside the gradient I dont make my eyes bleed looking at every detail biting my nails between 12-16" or 14-18" forecasts. i admit though, if your riding the gradient thats a different story. Ive been known to put tread marks on my hardhood floors from pacing back n forth. lol.

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

ha, but if i was inside the gradient I dont make my eyes bleed looking at every detail biting my nails between 12-16" or 14-18" forecasts. i admit though, if your riding the gradient thats a different story. Ive been known to put tread marks on my hardhood floors from pacing back n forth. lol.

Yeah, I'm not going to sweat the details, If the Euro comes in at 12z looking the same, I know where i will lean

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like the best would be between me and Dendrite for banding...I'm on the NW side and northern CON area is on the southern edge of the NAM's snow band.  That looks beastly though.

Other then the Euro, You and Brian have been looking good on this one

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol it looks the same for the most part to me.  Its slightly deeper and NW when it goes over Long Island but looks like it'll come out very similar.

It appears much warmer and actually west a little.....looks like it might cross over Ginx.  Eitehr way, it's showing mostly rain everywhere south of the Pike and  everywehre east of ORH.

A 10 hour snow blizz for CNE/NNE.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

It appears much warmer and actually west a little.....looks like it might cross over Ginx.  Eitehr way, it's showing mostly rain everywhere south of the Pike and  everywehre east of ORH.

A 10 hour snow blizz for CNE/NNE.

That run dropped like 8-12" on Casa MPM. 

I'm on the edge at like 6-8"...eastern VT though gets like 12-18".

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

lol it looks the same for the most part to me.  Its slightly deeper and NW when it goes over Long Island but looks like it'll come out very similar.

Looks like a similar track just less dynamic. Road trip to Pittsburg with that mid level track. Pivoting deform and upslope.

7 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Looks like the best would be between me and Dendrite for banding...I'm on the NW side and northern CON area is on the southern edge of the NAM's snow band.  That looks beastly though.

i like where you sit. may be on the outer edge of highest qpf distribution but these things tend to rip a nice band on that nw side. dont know all the micro stuff up there when it comes to big coastals (considering you havent had one in years lol) but hovering around a foot give or take, at this point, is my call. 

42 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Has been; yesterday was spring-like. But what I was getting at is this colder airmass seems to be setting in nicely (finally). It took its time after the fropa, but it's here. It feels like winter again.

Totally agree. I wasn't suggesting that we're going to have a problem with the airmasss tomorrow , as it does feel colder this morning and we had some snow flurries so there must be some cold air aloft coming in . I'm excited about what's to come up here. What is your thought about a dry slot? Frankly I don't see it as an issue up here because I figure we're going to get the warm advection precipitation and then we're gonna be in the Pivot point but I think Southeast New Hampshire maybe including Nashua and Manchester could get into the dry side first time 

7 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

LOL--when Kevin posts again.

Can we just top all movement now?

I had to blow that map up to see if the front yard was in the 2" range and my BY in the 10" range, Low pressure going over or just to the west of your head is not a good sign, Its a track that i don't see often here, Usually its cut and dry on where we will be.

Archived