Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

See if this develops rapidly, it's going to depend more on low track because the western wall or CCB will flash over. Antecedent airmass be dammed. To me, I see this as low track and intensity dependent....not necessarily the airmass prior. If this low bombs east of FMH even Taunton would flip to paste.

I agree as well.  Track this far tnite has narrowed on the NAM/GFS/RGEM to about a 15mi wide area over SE MA and either just E or W of BOS. Intensities look to be about 5-10mb different.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Noticed a lot of sleet soundings for at least some part of the bombing out stage just inland. I remember in 05 looking up into the sky and watching as the heavy sleet instantly became a descending wall of snow immediately followed by the pink flash of lightning and the boom of thunder.  Some lucky SOB like Hunchie will see this.

MAV:

8's in interior Maine including Jeff in LA.  Less as your u get further east such as 6 in BGR and 2 in BHB.

8 in the lakes region and 6 in PWM, 4 in Wiscasset, 2 in Rockland.

NH is 4 on the sea coast, 6/8 elsewhere.

VT:  6/8 except 4 in Bennington.

MA:  2 BOS/BEV/BED/ORE/MQE.   4 LWM/FIT

1 PYM, PVC

zilch elsewhere 

RI:  1 STZ, zilch elsewhere.

CT:   1 BDL, zilch elsewhere 

6 minutes ago, weathafella said:

Euro goes 996 to 988 in 3 hours 48 to 51.   Bombs over SE MA and at 51 hours is just east of Boston.  It then continues to bomb and riteously croaks NNE with emphasis on lakes region up through interior Maine.

Its only 988 east of BOS? Thats not so strong...Other guidance like the NAM had this into the lower 970s/upper 960s at that point.

Archived