Most Online
    Toothache
    Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

1 minute ago, dryslot said:

Its going to be a better hit here, Looks like a track thru BHB

It actually does a wide turn almost around the Cape...maybe brushing the outer arm...from ACK to downeast ME.

Anyway, that def keeps more of interior SNE in the game vs some of the other guidance.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Ventrice via twitter

Latest 4km RPM showing more of a rain event for eastern #MA. Just 2-4" for @Wachusett. Looks like @OkemoMountain area the big winner of ~2ft

Yeah the RPM tracks it over 495 basically. The meso models are tracking it the furthest west and that should not be discounted. They may end up handling this system the best. We'll see if they hold steady...I want to see consistency in the mesos and then I'll prob ride them almost exclusively.

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Still garbage for the southern tier.

I think SE of a BOS-PVD line is completely out of the game anyway barring a miracle...there's still probably some glimmer of hope for the 128 belt...esp N of pike, but it is low probability...we would need to see the solutions come back east a little bit. If the Euro was a sign that will happen, then it will def get more interesting...but it could easily just be a burp and random model variance.

1 hour ago, OceanStWx said:

Inland it doesn't look like a ton of wind initially, but there is signal for an increase in the boundary layer depth as the backlash CAA starts towards the coast and heights collapse. Inland maybe gusts around 40 mph the way models have trended, but closer to the coast could be sneaky higher wind.

Thanks.

7 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Probably get shot for posting this and can get deleted shortly after

ecmwf_tsnow_neng_10.png

Congrats, Jeff.  You're roller coaster ride continues.

That'll get me my 30" going into 2017, it might even leave something on the ground up in Bath.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

I think SE of a BOS-PVD line is completely out of the game anyway barring a miracle...there's still probably some glimmer of hope for the 128 belt...esp N of pike, but it is low probability...we would need to see the solutions come back east a little bit. If the Euro was a sign that will happen, then it will def get more interesting...but it could easily just be a burp and random model variance.

Oh I'm including CT & RI in my southern tier.  This is a just beyond the interior event to me. 

I should also say that not only do we need the solutions to come back east a bit for the 495/128 belt N of pike...we also need the earlier explosive development we saw on some runs yesterday....the Euro was a bit east on today's 12z runs, but it was still kind of waiting until it reached almost our latitude in SNE to really get cranking....it was getting going a bit earlier a few runs ago.

2 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Someone (a met not Bob) help me. The Euro moved east and a little colder.. yet now leaves CT all rain.. how it thst possible? Is it the later development?

Yes it is. You are basically relying solely on the WAA thump which ends up mostly rain until you are maybe up by ORH and points N & W....you'd prob snow a little bit longer than the model snow output shows verbatim, but we still want to see the faster cyclogenesis if you are hoping for more than an inch or two of paste before rain.

The killer is that it seems later to the party as Will said. Without the explosive deepening and rapid development of the CCB, it's tough to get snow. Also, don't fall in love with one closed isobar. There is still an appendage of low pressure into SNE. It could be that the convection the euro models decides to lower pressure slightly, so it throws a closed isobar there, giving the impression of a low center. This is not a concentric low pressure center. It does not change that below 925mb is warm and despite the eastward apparent look...the mid levels aren't responding to that until it gets ENE of Portland Maine. So as others have said...a little buyer beware of this run.

Just now, CoastalWx said:

The killer is that it seems later to the party as Will said. Without the explosive deepening and rapid development of the CCB, it's tough to get snow. Also, don't fall in love with one closed isobar. There is still an appendage of low pressure into SNE. It could be that the convection the euro models decides to lower pressure slightly, so it throws a closed isobar there, giving the impression of a low center. This is not a concentric low pressure center. It does not change that below 925mb is warm and despite the eastward apparent look...the mid levels aren't responding to that until it gets ENE of Portland Maine. So as others have said...a little buyer beware of this run.

Yes my main worry is not that I change to rain; it is that the dynamics don't get going fast enough, so I have a fun 6-10 inch snow but miss a 12+ biggie.

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah it's got a little weenie low basically over UUU even though there's a slightly stronger low south of ACK. Not a great look on the Euro.

The longer the low takes to get going the warmer it is for southern areas.

Archived