Newest Member
    Toothache
Thursday Thumper or Thirst-Quencher

moneypitmike

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

BTV mentioning isolated 24" amounts in the northern Greens with the strong upslope assist on Friday.

Yea, in their disco they are basically going with a general 10-20" now east of the spine. 6-12" west slopes

Thinking 6-10" in my hood down here on the west slopes.

52 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Must be riding the NAM but it's a dangerous game.

Ive been 6-12" at the ski resort since noon yesterday...feel good there.  The backside upslope is the wild card.  Friday could add decently with moist NW flow but it's always hard to tell how much.  Upslope could be 2-3" or next thing you know the Spine is cranking out 6-9" of NW flow fluff after the synoptic.

IMG_4196.PNG

Screw the NAM. Now I'm progged for 3". This up and down is ridiculous.  I'm going all in for the Euro.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

18z RGEM looked a little better for the interior SNE spots walking the line...still a pretty aggressive inland track but it's really winding it up rapidly so it is compact and that gradient produces snow pretty close to the track.

I'm still wondering why the mesos want to track this from LI up over Boston whereas the globals want to take it from LI to CC and then Portland ME.  I suspect the mesos are keying in on the deep convection (LHR) and are sensing that the best location for pressure falls is collocated with that area, despite the best UL synoptic region for pressure falls being further east. Personally I'm with the globals based on how the Upper levels evolve.

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

I'm still wondering why the mesos want to track this from LI up over Boston whereas the globals want to take it from LI to CC and then Portland ME.  I suspect the mesos are keying in on the deep convection (LHR) and are sensing that the best location for pressure falls is collocated with that area, despite the best UL synoptic region for pressure falls being further east. Personally I'm with the globals based on how the Upper levels evolve.

Nevermind I just saw the 18z RGEM. That's about as clear a sign as ever that the mesos were wrong and the globals (GFS UKIE and Euro) were right. 

5 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I went from 2" to 8", I would beg to differ

Ha I'm just joking I wasn't even through the full run.

Just love the its better, no its not, oh my god i'm screwed, i'm golden! type banter... lol its a trip in a lead up to a storm.  Everyone seems like they are on edge a little or something too.

6 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Ha I'm just joking I wasn't even through the full run.

Just love the its better, no its not, oh my god i'm screwed, i'm golden! type banter... lol its a trip in a lead up to a storm.  Everyone seems like they are on edge a little or something too.

I'm right on the chalk here.......lol

6 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

That's a really tight gradient near ORH on the RGEM....what a tough forecast....the gradient will probably end up even tighter than the snow algorithm shows...thebgigest question is how far SE or NW this gradient ends up in reality.

rgem_asnow_neus_16.png

Its a brutal call around here to Manchester too. Part of me wants to say the gradient will be a little south of were its modeled given the dynamics, but I have seen how we can easily torch the low levels strong low level easterly flow

NW MA  has been consistently 6-10"  for days now.

Indeed.

Short of interior ME/NH, our area has been steadfast in a storm that has been very very difficult to forecast. I'm content.

Skied in charlemont several times this week, it's amazing how much snow they've lost. They NEED this.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Curious for a METs explaination of what's with the duel low pressure centers that the 18z RGEM has and the EURO showed that to an extent as well with a closed isobar in SNE.

Is that ocean low following that convection?  It looks like from the QPF there'd be convective processes out there?

The RGEM has the two lower pressures at 30 hours...one over SNE and another way out over the ocean.

1.png

But then at 33 hours the northern one has taken over tracking close to the NH/ME coastline. 

2.png

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Curious for a METs explaination of what's with the duel low pressure centers that the 18z RGEM has and the EURO showed that to an extent as well with a closed isobar in SNE.

Is that ocean low following that convection?  It looks like from the QPF there'd be convective processes out there?

The RGEM has the two lower pressures at 30 hours...one over SNE and another way out over the ocean.

1.png

But then at 33 hours the northern one has taken over tracking close to the NH/ME coastline. 

2.png

Looks like what the Euro did with developing an LP over the convection offshore that nudged the track it to the east

Archived