Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

When you highlighted the applicable passage in bold, that seems quite evident to me what you did. 

nah, my bad if you read in that way ... but if you're really basing your clear adversarial line or retorts on that as justification ... you are assigning emotion and intent where there is none. 

the reason i brought that up to him is because this internet social outlet is remorseless (petty at that..) against ANY plausible interpretation that self-aggrandizes. 

James mere jest of "Skill and .." in any context unfortunately qualifies - 

that's all -

although ... it may have lightened up in very recent years - okay.  but back when this was eastern it was a race to gain reverence by posters on here and lots of idiotic policing by just about anyone trying to 'discredit' insights was a plaguing annoyance -

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

James mere jest of "Skill and .." in any context unfortunately qualifies - 

that's all -

I won't prolong this any further except to say that whether or not he was saying that in "jest", he was justified somewhat after being on the receiving end of some negative barbs.  There seems to be too much of that going on here (including me now), and we aren't even approaching the emotional winter threads.

i seriously hope someone with the wherewithal offers some explanation at some point as to what that satellite convection to the East of the TC is really all about.  fascinating... I thought maybe it was gravity wave triggered and advanced that idea last night.  now i'm wondering if it's just convergence between the underbelly of Matthew against the trade-winds.  probably the simpler explanation is the right one.  

in any event, this is the best this system has looked on satellite right i think 

Floater One AVN Enanced image

3 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i seriously hope someone with the wherewithal offers some explanation at some point as to what that satellite convection to the East of the TC is really all about.  fascinating... I thought maybe it was gravity wave triggered and advanced that idea last night.  now i'm wondering if it's just convergence between the underbelly of Matthew against the trade-winds.  probably the simpler explanation is the right one.  

in any event, this is the best this system has looked on satellite right i think 

Floater One AVN Enanced image

Wondering why the blob doesn't for with every TC in the trade winds then?  you would thing it would be inhibiting, but every time the blob blows up, so does Mathew. That might just be a sign of that the surface inflow is more juiced up.

1 minute ago, Amped said:

Wondering why the blob doesn't for with every TC in the trade winds then?  you would thing it would be inhibiting, but every time the blob blows up, so does Mathew. That might just be a sign of that the surface inflow is more juiced up.

if there is any merit to the convergence idea ... the thing is, Matthew is essentially stationary relative to the trade-wind vectors... which is to say, either literally not moving, or moving perpendicular.  Matt also has been moving slow for the last two days, in general, and that could plausibly mean extended duration of west flow under its circulation impinging upon the trades - interesting.

9 minutes ago, Amped said:

Think you may be right. Every time he tightens up and the eye clears out, you get an explosion from that blob. 

rb0-lalo.gif

14 minutes ago, Hoth said:

Think you may be right. Every time he tightens up and the eye clears out, you get an explosion from that blob. 

rb0-lalo.gif

If that blob moves over Hispaniola they are in for some serious rainfall totals. Haven't seen TRMM but there have to be Ellicott city rainfall rates in that.

The blob explanation makes sense but I can't get over that Matt is west of it......and is thriving meaning the inflow is healthy....how do westerlies make it to the blob?  Isn't Matt absorbing the westerlies from the west and not letting them east of his center?  If no then how do westerlies exist east of his center?  It's very strange....

3 minutes ago, ice1972 said:

The blob explanation makes sense but I can't get over that Matt is west of it......and is thriving meaning the inflow is healthy....how do westerlies make it to the blob?  Isn't Matt absorbing the westerlies from the west and not letting them east of his center?  If no then how do westerlies exist east of his center?  It's very strange....

I believe the westerlies are east to west winds not the opposite

edit: What I think they mean is trade winds not westerlies.. sorry.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

What is it with the perverse negative correlation between Matthew's intensity, and how close it gets to us........the closer it is, the weaker....the urns further out to sea, stronger.

I mean, a legit, perfect correlation.

Hmm maybe Hurricanes are stronger when they're over water.

Archived