Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

You miss my point.  I don't want to see the plots older than 2 or 3 days, only the recent ones.

oh, i see - yeah.

it's a cool product but which is which - heh. 

still, i'd like to see 'em laid out over time, perhaps 2 second delay on each - then, do a trend line at the end and see how the trend line has moved - that would be hugely exposing i think. 

Being removed from SNE changes the way I look at this. Probably stated before I'll always consider myself to be from New England, sort of like can't take the Dirty Dot out. Impressive as Tip pointed out is the consistency of the OP GFS. A hit, graze or OTS, Interest is now warranted not 7 days prior to a legit threat.

I'm glued to this (MBY) and will be until it's at least beyond my LAT. I'm thinking the threat is lessening for FL and increasing with each passing run further N.

On a side-note daily Temp's are right around 90 with Td's U60's to L70's. Loving it...Pool completed, Tiki Hut, tropical landscaping soon to follow.

not like the following observation should have a lot usefulness?  but this oper. evolution does not really 'appeal' like this is set in stone - 

i mean ...duh, it isn't anyway, but that looks wayyyy too precarious near NC's lat/lon with that negative tilter pressing through the mid-riff OV like that - 

wouldn't it be amazing if the NWS/NCEP/NHC/ ...CNN and Twittersphere all had to now cast a Category 4 'cane - ahahhaha

It may be another 48 hours or so before the models begin to "feel" the drastic changes forecasted in the PNA and NAO, ++, - - , respectively. To me, the meteorological world is upside down if we don't see a very deep long wave  trough moving through the CONUS by day 5 with the NAO plummeting and the PNA jumping.

To me the concerns are almost squarely on timing versus whether or not the trough will be deep enough to permit Matthew to ride up the coast into SNE.

21 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

It may be another 48 hours or so before the models begin to "feel" the drastic changes forecasted in the PNA and NAO, ++, - - , respectively. To me, the meteorological world is upside down if we don't see a very deep long wave  trough moving through the CONUS by day 5 with the NAO plummeting and the PNA jumping.

To me the concerns are almost squarely on timing versus whether or not the trough will be deep enough to permit Matthew to ride up the coast into SNE.

best post probably in the past three pages ... or more - 

not to credit grab but i've been wondering about the WPAC teleconnector/absorption of converting typhoon "Chuby" Chaba  -  mainly, it's getting past October 1 and the 'recurve teleconnector' starts ramping up  ... no wonder for me that both CDC and CPC agencies have been exploding the PNA.  it's hard to feel too confident for me, because the EPO tends to go negative and that part of it is missing.  

Thing is, that's not really correlated to -NAO, but ... whether that agencies are nailing NAO tele modalities or not, we are in fact seeing surface and mid tropospheric component ridging pearled out from central Canada to SE of NS... We have the deep layer easterlies in place and so that troposphere almost dares the tropics to send something up in that general circulation scheme.  

"weather" one takes advantage is another story.   

I think the NAO is the more important tele for 'canes though?  seems most literature i've come across, refereed or not, seems to hone the 'block' aspect more than threading the needle (the latter of which is sort of PNA centered...)  if nothing else though, it might [intuitively] justify correcting troughs deeper as they pass east of 100 W of middle latitudes of N/A.  So... you certainly don't want progressive pancake troughs that want to cannon TC to England at the moment the exceed Hatteras NC.    

The most interesting thing I'm sure to most of you is the chance for first snowfalls across the mountains and upslope zones with strong NW flow and CAA behind the system.

Any hook and ladder scenario up into the Maritimes might be real fun for some snow chances as it retrogrades a bit.  It turns into a blizzard for Quebec.

Look at that cold digging in.  Flurries would make this whole storm worth it lol.

image.gif

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

The most interesting thing I'm sure to most of you is the chance for first snowfalls across the mountains and upslope zones with strong NW flow and CAA behind the system.

Look at that cold digging in.  Flurries would make this whole storm worth it lol.

image.gif

close to being a critical disaster.... 

but, one thing i am noticing is that the west solutions tend to bring a 15 to 20 mbars less deep up over CT, or... a wildly deep system swinging around the long way for a miss. 

it's like no way will it bring a deep system straight across the bow here - 

that said, should that solution pan, then we curl in the season's first freeze on the back side - that would be neat with basically zero power anywhere - heh...  

The teleconnectors goven the whole large scale evolution, but it's the small intracies that are going to dictate the path. Things like, a lobe in the ULL that is moving offshore of New England...ridging in place that develops behind it, A piece of vorticity ahead of the diving trough SE in the plains. These are all small scale features that models will struggle in...but can mean a 200+ mile change in the path of matthew. 

Archived