Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

4 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Thing called leaves which neither had but despite what Kev said that high wind field is confined to the immediate coast

Ok, that is a great point.

Fair enough.......but I also agree that not many are devastated by wind in this solution.

Scott, I know the coastline is a different story.....believe me.

Not arguing.

All I am saying is that this is not 1938 or Carol for anywhere but CC and the islands.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i don't know .. .Glory came in weaker than this thing is depicted now and we roared to 60 mph all the way inland in Acton - 

it's coming like over Boston, sure - but i don't think you are going to drill the pressure to 970mb and NOT get some sort penalty out of that.  

but hey - details?  not worth it -

13 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

i don't know .. .Glory came in weaker than this thing is depicted now and we roared to 60 mph all the way inland in Acton - 

it's coming like over Boston, sure - but i don't think you are going to drill the pressure to 970mb and NOT get some sort penalty out of that.  

but hey - details?  not worth it -

Gloria went west of us.

Apples-oranges.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Slower hurts and flatter trough hurts. Those are the two things to watch going forward. I also say to some extent that you need to ULL plaguing us right now, out of here. Let ridging build. 

8 days man. Gonna be a long time. 

Right....nothing good is coming from the slow trend.

Just wanted to add a question/thought.   The disturbance east of the Lesser Antilles definitely has a rotation looking at this evenings infrared.  If that develops and moves NW wouldn't that cause a weakness in the Atlantic Ridge causing Matthew to move more NE verses NNE?   That could be a big wildcard couldn't it be?   My unscientific hunch is that Matthew moves  so slowly northward late in the week something is going to pull it further offshore.   For drought alleviation purposes  I wish we had a weakening system moving west to insure we get some beneficial tropical rain.  A GFS solution while looking scary with crazy rain amounts could easily trend more east leaving us high and dry yet again.

22 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

I lived it and recall it vividly but 

http://www.weather.gov/box/hurricane_bob

My wedding reception was in Old Lyme the Saturday after Bob went through.  I recall some trees down in NL, but nothing crazy.  That said, we were without power for a few days and thought we might need to resort to PB-J sandwiches for the reception.  In hindsight, that probably would have been a great money-saver.  No bigger wastes of money than weddings!

Well the issues have been laid out. There is a reason why its extremely rare to get a TC into New England. This is not a textbook pattern either. October climo is also another hostile factor with troughs acting as kickers unless timed just right.  That said, we need to watch the speed, amplitude of trough in Midwest, and ridging to the Northeast.

1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Gloria went west of us.

Apples-oranges.

Not quite.   I acknowledged that by saying granted it's coming over Boston. I get that - still I understand atmosphere dynamics you're not going to get the pressure down to 970 without wind penalties sorry you're not it's going right over your head pretty much where you are there. Boom

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Not quite.   I acknowledged that by saying granted it's coming over Boston. I get that - still I understand atmosphere dynamics you're not going to get the pressure down to 970 without wind penalties sorry you're not it's going right over your head pretty much where you are there. Boom

High res was 950s.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Its going over the cape on that run....not over my head.

Anyway, Bob was a non-event here, so I think you're wrong.

Archived