joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, weathafella said:

Still a week out weenies.

Yup. We could have consensus right now and it still wouldn't mean much. There's no problemo discussing the models though. The weens just need to stop living and dying run to run this far out. It's only a few people with the emo mood swings though. It goes to show how everything has to line up perfectly to get a 38 type track. 

This last Euro run kind makes sense to me as another option..  Matthew meanders in the Bahamas, slowly moves NW.  Trough misses it and high pressure builds back in blocking it from coming north of the Carolina latitudes.  Matthew waits for the high to move east and then comes up the back side. At the end of the run its strengthening again. Interesting solution if I live that long to see it.   This thread is going to be 100 pages by then.

12 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yup. We could have consensus right now and it still wouldn't mean much. There's no problemo discussing the models though. The weens just need to stop living and dying run to run this far out. It's only a few people with the emo mood swings though. It goes to show how everything has to line up perfectly to get a 38 type track. 

31 pages and play by plays and almost inside of a week away.

Hopefully a preview of winter threads to come when peeps be stealing others' snow every 6 hours for 7-12 days.

2 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

This last Euro run kind makes sense to me as another option..  Matthew meanders in the Bahamas, slowly moves NW.  Trough misses it and high pressure builds back in blocking it from coming north of the Carolina latitudes.  Matthew waits for the high to move east and then comes up the back side. At the end of the run its strengthening again. Interesting solution if I live that long to see it.   This thread is going to be 100 pages by then.

There will be a new thread by then lol.

2 minutes ago, dendrite said:

384hr GFS crushes Cape Cod with 4ft of snow and 65kt winds at 925mb.

Start every thread like that and just say "go".

Is it a difference of miles or does New England get slammed.

I will say tropical stuff is a little different as the storm is already formed even if 7 days away from us.  Different from watching upper level energy over Siberia at 12 days out wondering if it'll form a storm in New England.

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

JMA nailed every HECS the past decade. 

Sort of like JB nailing every large east coast snowstorm for the past 15 years...but he also speculated and called for 100 that didn't pan out.

If you always call for big storms, you'll probably nail every big storm.

wait ... what's skill, and what's luck ?! 

no one, James included, made a prediction when this thread started - I think someone spun up a dialogue stream based on faux premise here.

here ...this was the opening paragraph:  "..

Well ladies and gentlemen of New England, it looks like the GFS and most models are bringing the tropical system through the Caribbean Sea then it turns northward in the Central Caribbean Sea as a powerful major hurricane and then rapidly intensifies further over the western Atlantic Ocean east of Fl, NC and VA and dumps close to 6-12" of rain on coastal SNE.  Still we have a lot of uncertainty and this will change every run until it becomes more consistent.  Stay Tuned!.."

that may as well not have been stated at all!  

I have no issue with someone making a prediction 2 weeks ahead and having that come to fruition, but lets not blur what was really on the table here.  it was a started out of eye-candy on a model run, and there really wasn't much predictive value even involved -

Archived