Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Looks to be intensifying to me....larger eye implies that it has restructured, or in the latter stages of doing do.

Likely just some high clouds shrouding the eye.....would think that clears by afternoon...everything remains on the table.

Really high heat content water it's passing over now. Upper air pattern pretty darn favorable. If its structure continues to improve, we could definitely see some more strengthening. Also, if it maintains its heading, it would minimize interaction with land. Fascinating evolution to say the least. Poor Haiti.

15 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

this could not be a worse scenario for Haiti ... or any island with slopes facing S!! 

wow - wonder if flooding may reach an equalibrium-max, where it can get higher because the outflow off the land is no longer impeded.  

Yeah, Haiti is in for another natural disaster.

3 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, Haiti is in for another natural disaster.

did you guys notice the 06z GFDL,... it has a Cat 5 hurricane cutting through the Bahamas... 

i'm wonder ..well, figuring on that being a pretty spectacular intensity (specifically) anomaly should that happen.  obviously we all know that TC's of varying intensity will pass in that vicinity, but... Cat 5 would be rare, both by rareness of that intensity in general, but the ones that occur don't seem to favor that region.  interesting.  

44 minutes ago, OSUmetstud said:

Eps was pretty florida happy last night, interesting.  Can we end the drought?

Yeah maybe Ukie was not so drunk after all. That would also pretty negate any impact here. Obviously a very undecided set of guidance other than the tropical models. Still, the EC stuff gives me pause.

5 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Yeah maybe Ukie was not so drunk after all. That would also pretty negate any impact here. Obviously a very undecided set of guidance other than the tropical models. Still, the EC stuff gives me pause.

differences in the genera synoptic evolution between ~100 W and Bermuda giving rise to ... heh, very disparate ideas. 

4 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

did you guys notice the 06z GFDL,... it has a Cat 5 hurricane cutting through the Bahamas... 

i'm wonder ..well, figuring on that being a pretty spectacular intensity (specifically) anomaly should that happen.  obviously we all know that TC's of varying intensity will pass in that vicinity, but... Cat 5 would be rare, both by rareness of that intensity in general, but the ones that occur don't seem to favor that region.  interesting.  

Upper air pattern in the Bahamas is pretty darn good and the water is quite warm relative to average. Maybe.

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Yeah, that was a wild run.  Looked like it was a Cat 5 right up in NC.  920mb.

AFD out of Melbourne has mention of Tropical Storm conditions possible on "Friday" for my locale. From NHC I monitor the Wind Speed Probabilities. Percentile slowly increasing. Official intensity on graphics have Matthew as CAT2 which is highly suspect. The more tucked in I believe increases chances further N for a LF.    

There may be some shear in the Bahamas, but it depends on the motion. I think if it goes more west, it would lessen it whereas a more NNW motion would indicate stronger steering flow and some shear...just not much. It's amazing how the GFS corrects itself from previous runs. Slower again.  I think slower means the chance it gets closer to FL or SE coast. It would miss the trough.

Archived