Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

4 minutes ago, SnowlieSnowstormson said:

I mean lets say hypothetically it hits the carolinas as a cat 3, or cat 4, I would imagine it still has enough gas to be a tropical storm by the time it hits us. I mean, look at what Irene was able to do.

sure ... could even be more than that ... by a little. 

we're not talking absolutes here...  

we're probably flirting with futility getting this deep into a D6 prog re a TC - in fact... lets say we are actually dipping our toes into the time waste lake.  but, seeing as we don't have much else to talk about that's worth distracting us from our day jobs (heheh) ... we're just talking in concept how interaction with land down there would parlay  - not well for those that want'ed more of purer freight train tropical load.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

yup - can't do both, folks. 

it's like, the only way people get Matthew ...or, what's left of it we should say ... is if it hit NC first ?  if it doesn't, the modeling theme has been to curve it too much. 

we just don't really have a solution here (yet) that has this thing rocketing due N like the love joys in the annuls.  

Annals. You annul a marriage. Sorry, pet peeve. Anywho, NC would certainly do a number on it...

26 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NAVGEM is way inland into FL and then through GA LOL.

oh, ..i'm fully, privately expecting this thread to go down in the annuls, anals, or annals as the greatest number of pages attributed to a none-event in the history of internet - 

2 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

It'll probably slam into the Carolinas with this look.

ecmwf_z500a_atl_5.png

...prediction:   T-minus 1 hr and 34 minutes and 24 seconds away from the first post about how the models are finally latching on ...but are 'overcompensating' 

(which of course dances around 'hope' still for a direct impact -) 

Archived