joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
50 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Certainly bears watching for there

Correct me if I'm wrong but it looks like any action would be on Sunday right?  I get confused with the speed up/slow down talk.  Only reason I'm asking a fellow NNE sledder is because I'n supposed to go the grass drags in Epping, NH Saturday and want to avoid anywhere panic over a big storm will occur.

13 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Hurricane Models.

Huh.....I don't see it on the tropical tidbits site. These hit delictions do appear to be more typical in having a more easterly component to the trajectory than the earlier due north ones.  Its a weaker system of course as it comes over land.  But I think folks would be happy with that over a fish.

Just now, moneypitmike said:

Huh.....I don't see it on the tropical tidbits site. These do appear to be more typical in having a more easterly component to the trajectory than the earlier due north ones.  Its a weaker system of course as it comes over land.  But I think folks would be happy with that over a fish.

http://www.tropicaltidbits.com/storminfo/

15 minutes ago, Amped said:

Nearly identical to Floyd once it gets to the Bahamas.

Might be a good compromise for this board...good enough to make things interesting but a weak enough system that any damage would be manageable for most.

Interesting side note...New England was experiencing drought conditions leading up to Floyd.

2 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Do you have a breakdown of the individuals ens? How many went further west and north over the last run?

I only can see the mean. But tough to igore the best guidance showing a fish storm. Still a lot of time, but I wouldn't get sucked in at this stage....although seems like many already are.

I don't think anything is set in stone one way or the other, The only thing that can be said is most guidance as of right now shows a scenario that could impact the coast over the next 7 days or so, But there certainly is enough uncertainty to proceed with caution for at least another day or two

Just now, USCAPEWEATHERAF said:

Matthew looks amazing, almost completed a new eye wall now.  He should begin to intensify once again and the next hurricane hunters should find a completed eye wall structure and a clearing out of the eye.  Also probably a category five hurricane before 11am tomorrow morning.

I think maybe not?   It seems to me that Matthew is at its most mature state and gradual weakening over the next few days is likely.  I think even in good background conditions these systems have a life cycle.  By consolidating equatorial heat and moving it poleward it is doing its job regardless of strength.

That doesn't mean that intensifying period is over with, if it develops a new inner core which it has done recently than it can develop once more into a category five hurricane, also the conditions in the Bahamas and towards the NC/SC border favor intensification of the hurricane, not the other way around sir.

Archived