joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most assured I'm going to get into the fringe, to what degree? That is the question, personally a 50-100 mile offshore track would be preferable. Then again the weenie wants a direct hit, as a property owner further E the better. Impact time shortening with the trend cooperating with for the weenie. Very mixed emotions. Thankfully or regretfully feelings will ultimately not determine the outcome.    

2 minutes ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

lol it's so easy to tell who wants this to miss, and who wants a huge hit. Both sides equally bad 

Most weenies want a hit. However, I think you also at least need to discuss and respect the euro. It has schooled even the tropical models on other previous events. Sandy and Joaquin come to mind. 

That said, if you are locking in or gaining confidence on something as a hit or fish at this stage...good luck buddy. Way...way too much time left.

4 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Most weenies want a hit. However, I think you also at least need to discuss and respect the euro. It has schooled even the tropical models on other previous events. Sandy and Joaquin come to mind. 

That said, if you are locking in or gaining confidence on something as a hit or fish at this stage...good luck buddy. Way...way too much time left.

I think the ultimate point is, it's an eternity away. I'm not leaning one way or the other. It's a toss up, who has a clue at this stage.

its like locking in 2 feet of snow from a run 7 days out. People on both sides setting up for disappointment

Took a peek at modeling and ensembles compared to those hurricane model spaghetti plots. Definitely a few different camps out there. I don't see a Florida landfall, definitely will be east of them but they may feel some effects.

One camp wants to strengthen this thing out and slow down, missing the trof. Affects the Carolinas and hits them but then swings out to sea.

Second camp is slightly weaker but tracks right near us. 

Seems to be a solid cluster between EPS and GFS ENS to the east, heading out to sea south of us. I tend to favor that given the lead time. As Ray, Scott, Will have said on different occasions before.. Narrow the goalposts. We'll know so much more in 48 hours. 

Soundings are now every six hours on the east coast.. balloon launches. 

Archived