Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Regardless of the teleconnectors, it's forward speed does matter. You can see what happens in the slower solutions. Obviously teleconnections matter..but it comes down to a few factors. 

Let's get this to pull an October 2005 with Wilma where backside cold air couples with tropical moisture to produce feet of snow across the Greens and Whites.  

Killington and Wildcat were like 100% open on a 3-foot natural base in October after that system.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Let's get this to pull an October 2005 with Wilma where backside cold air couples with tropical moisture to produce feet of snow across the Greens and Whites.  

Killington and Wildcat were like 100% open on a 3-foot natural base in October after that system.  

I remember that. I think Pinkham notch got crushed in that too. 

the purpose of the tele's is useful for the obvious reason laying down a generally favorable or less than favorable regime for a given area.  

but Scott's right - the PNA and NAO could be in very favorable numerical phases but a Cane may not even be present in the flow at that time - that comes down timing small scaled aspects.   idiosyncrasies in details can vary inside a general -NAO or +PNA ...etc, up, down, left right, yin yang - 

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

I remember that. I think Pinkham notch got crushed in that too. 

Yeah they did.  Anyone north of like 1,500-2,000ft got destroyed with QPF rich snow.  

In October though it's always a west side possibility if it gets sucked into a deep trough (Sandy was a snow bomb for WV, like Wilma remnants were up here in 2005).

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Now shear has been introduced into the equation over the Bahmas...where did that come from??

All I had heard was how ripe the envt. was for restrengthening...pretty meh long term intensity projections...

I didn't think it would be that bad. It should have a nice outflow channel too. Only issue I see is if landmass interaction causes it to never get it's act together...but I don't see that as a  big deal either. 

Archived