Newest Member
    CHSVol
12z GFS Fantasy Range, hy brid storm brings feet of rain to SNE

USCAPEWEATHERAF

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Highzenberg said:

That is what I was saying earlier. Matthew was slower, but the vortmax was stronger and you see the result down the line, it blew the bleep up. Wow. 

Yeah, You could see Matthew staying a little more east and slower and then it got captured further north and pin wheeled back west over the cape then PWM

benchmark, I don't know if I'd call it a trend one way or the other since it is so far out. We're just seeing normal adjustments for model forecasting for a system 7+ days out. IMO, and you & others might disagree, if there was any trend today, it was a trend towards a phasing scenario with the incoming shortwave. The 00z EURO last night was not even close to anything like that & the 12z EURO came close. The GGEM does but too late. NAVGEM does. GFS continues to show it run after run. 

2 minutes ago, Bostonseminole said:

it's like a 20 miles shift east.. noise really.. but could be 20 miles every run from now till next week.. will be in Bermuda

I'm just stating the trend from one run to the next.....I understand how little it means at this advanced lead.

But it is what it is.....sorry.......to see a track start over CC at day 8, I know which way I lean...

16 minutes ago, Highzenberg said:

benchmark, I don't know if I'd call it a trend one way or the other since it is so far out. We're just seeing normal adjustments for model forecasting for a system 7+ days out. IMO, and you & others might disagree, if there was any trend today, it was a trend towards a phasing scenario with the incoming shortwave. The 00z EURO last night was not even close to anything like that & the 12z EURO came close. The GGEM does but too late. NAVGEM does. GFS continues to show it run after run. 

I agree the trend amongst guidance if for a phase...but that doesn't necessarily mean a huge impactor.

3 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

So wasn't the buzzard of '78, how many trees did that knock down in central MA?

How about the perfect storm?

This may devastate the region, but this particular runs spares many that caliber of a blow is all I mean.

Thing called leaves which neither had but despite what Kev said that high wind field is confined to the immediate coast

Archived