joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 3/4 "Last Gasp?" - Model Disco and Obs

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

SO if anyone cares, the Canadian pretty much caved...1-3", with 1" around DC and the most to the northeast around Baltimore to Philly with 2-3"

It has been showing a light event for our area for days, with the exception of today's 12z run.  Overall it has done pretty well with this storm, picking up on it well before the GFS and staying with it even when the GFS and Ukie lost it.  From what I can tell, tonight's Ukie now appears to be on the same page as the GGEM and GFS. 

Eps pretty much held serve to its 12z run. Snowfall ticked down slightly to 1-1.5 inches area wide. Has several members that show nice hits for the extreme southern and eastern areas. I see nothing at this time on the EPS or the other models that suggest this will be anything more then a 1-3 inch event at best for the Balt/DC corridor.

The EPS, as well as the other ensembles to varying degrees, are moving back to the promising look that was being shown 3+ days ago in regards to the short wave/kicker following the event we are currently tracking.  The short wave is digging more and getting better separation and the 500's and surface reflections are responding. Roughly a third of the EPS members are now showing a weak low forming off the coast of which many are in a somewhat favorable location for our locale. IF we see a little more digging and better separation I would not be surprised to see the models start spitting out some interesting solutions in the next day or two.

Hey guys I'm not sure but I hear this is nothing more than a 1-3" storm at best...can 20 or 30 people please confirm and repeat continuously

My confidence is moderate that this will be a 0-4" storm somewhere in the forecast area somewhere towards the end of the week leading into this weekend.  We need to wait until the impulse out in the Pacific comes on shore and is better sampled for that confidence to move from moderate to fair though.

I'm worried were stuck between on the transfer. The northern stream system will send the best snow along the Arctic boundary to our north. The coastal looks to develop too far south to help. We get the dreaded split dead zone. The nam actually moved towards a better coastal track but not good enough. Problem is if the coaatal gets close but not close enough we get totally screwed stuck in the subsidence just outside the developing Ccb qpf. We could do ok if the northern stream system tracked a bit more south and stronger or if the transfer was more clean and the system was more consolidated but we seem to be moving towards a disjointed system with our area stuck between the areas of best lift.

I'm worried were stuck between on the transfer. The northern stream system will send the best snow along the Arctic boundary to our north. The coastal looks to develop too far south to help. We get the dreaded split dead zone. The nam actually moved towards a better coastal track but not good enough. Problem is if the coaatal gets close but not close enough we get totally screwed stuck in the subsidence just outside the developing Ccb qpf. We could do ok if the northern stream system tracked a bit more south and stronger or if the transfer was more clean and the system was more consolidated but we seem to be moving towards a disjointed system with our area stuck between the areas of best lift.

which still could be in the cards for a more south tracking n stream I would think as we still have just a bit of time before the game.  But if the 12z suite moves in that direction then flurries will rule the day.  Even someone as nutty about winter as me is ready for this to end. 

It is absolutely necessary . Any meteorologist that says that needs more training on nwp and data assimilation.

My confidence is moderate that this will be a 0-4" storm somewhere in the forecast area somewhere towards the end of the week leading into this weekend.  We need to wait until the impulse out in the Pacific comes on shore and is better sampled for that confidence to move from moderate to fair though.

:lmao: Maybe the first problem is the lack of agreement between certified meteorologists lol....Final call-a coating-2" for the entire area mainly on cold stuff :)

at this point, who cares

hard to get screwed around here when you're talking March 4

don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the snow, but the fact is, outside of the blizzard, this year has found many ways to not snow, at least in and around I95

at this point, who cares

hard to get screwed around here when you're talking March 4

don't get me wrong, I'd like to see the snow, but the fact is, outside of the blizzard, this year has found many ways to not snow, at least in and around I95

Yes, this winter lasted about 48 hours covering one single weekend.

Archived