joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
Friday 3/4 "Last Gasp?" - Model Disco and Obs

DDweatherman

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vort still digs too much but the reduced confluence allowed a further nw expanse of the front running precip.

Yes, and we are still a good ways out in the weather world.

I still like the 1-3" calls.....little impact.  Pretty much a "see ya in about 9 months" ending.

Yes, and we are still a good ways out in the weather world.

I still like the 1-3" calls.....little impact.  Pretty much a "see ya in about 9 months" ending.

Yea, this event has never really had a chance to become something "good". Is what it is. I haven't lost any sleep over it. lol

Maybe we get a cat 4 up the bay this summer to keep us entertained. 

Yea, this event has never really had a chance to become something "good". Is what it is. I haven't lost any sleep over it. lol

Maybe we get a cat 4 up the bay this summer to keep us entertained. 

It was nice tracking with you all this winter.  I'll check back in around November for Winter 16-17.

There's a penny slots jackpot of a whopping 1.5 - 2" in PA. 

I assumed the consolidation into 1 low would have taken that with it.  still think this might surprise on the upside.  wish cast for me but at least it is likely the last one of the season so better wish hard..

It's still a good event as this will not be the classic transfer that hurts DC so often

It's pass by and what I mean is that as the low moves eastward from KY it will also be trying to gain latitude so it does not just die and jump but rather most of the precip shield to the north will stay intact

you keep saying this but this is a transfer.  If it hurts DC is still to be determined but the northern stream low that rides along the arctic boundary in the midwest is NOT going to just blast through the apps and even if it did that would be awful for us because that is tracking west to east at our latitude.  That low will get into KY or southern OH and transfer to a low forming down over NC.  The problem is the whole system is weak and disorganized and the new low develops down in southern NC instead of up near the NC/VA border where we need it.  The coastal takes way too long to get organized and so it does nothing to help.  We would be better off if either the northern stream system tracked a bit south and held together, or a better secondary that bombs out quicker.  But everything shows a transfer but you keep saying there isn't one.  Do you mean you don't believe there will be one?  IF so fine but your going against all guidance. 

Euro is backing off on strong confluence north of us fairly early (48 hours) compared to 0z. Might not make much difference but it should be a little less squashed this run. 

It was a small step in the right direction, but the result was actually stuck in between two better solutions for us.  The relaxing of the confluence also hurts the WAA snow along the arctic boundary.  That is why there is not much of a snow max over PA like the other guidance.  Of course it looks like that boundary is north of us so it wouldnt help us much anyways.  The coastal looks to have more of a chance to develop and come north in future runs if the trend seen today continues.  That might be our better bet.  Wanting the arctic bounday to shift south to get into the WAA snows from the northern branch system seems a lower probability given the seasonal trend.  Our only hope at more then an inch might be to pray the seasonal trend of more amped in the short term continues and that southern system develops faster and comes north.  Its not a HUGE adjustment we need.  Get the transfer to be to east central NC instead of wilmington and then get it to track northeast and maybe be 3-4 mb deeper so we have a 995 low sitting just off norfolk instead of 1000 down by hattarras and we are in business.  At this point its all we have left. 

Archived