Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I pity wtop...not!

"A Winter Storm Advisory is in effect for the entire WTOP listening area until 10 a.m. Tuesday. And a Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Frederick County, Maryland and western Loudoun and northern Fauquier counties in Virginia, also  until 10 a.m. Tuesday."

http://wtop.com/winter/2016/02/overnight-snow-could-make-for-slick-roads/

I pity wtop...not!

"A Winter Storm Advisory is in effect for the entire WTOP listening area until 10 a.m. Tuesday. And a Winter Storm Warning is in effect for Frederick County, Maryland and western Loudoun and northern Fauquier counties in Virginia, also  until 10 a.m. Tuesday."

http://wtop.com/winter/2016/02/overnight-snow-could-make-for-slick-roads/

One of my biggest pet peeves is when people get the terminology wrong.

"Winter storm advisory" or "Winter weather warning" makes me cringe.

I haven't showered since Friday morning. Coming up on about 76 hours.  I think I will need to rectify that during the lull.

Paul (a French coffee shop) opened up a block away from me a few months back.  It's been a good place to quickly stop in during my Jebwalks and sit in the window. So far 2 cups of coffee and 2 smoked salmon croissants eaten today.  

I haven't showered since Friday morning. Coming up on about 76 hours.  I think I will need to rectify that during the lull.

Paul (a French coffee shop) opened up a block away from me a few months back.  It's been a good place to quickly stop in during my Jebwalks and sit in the window. So far 2 cups of coffee and 2 smoked salmon croissants eaten today.  

I'm all about the smoked salmon croissants, but the lack of showering needs to be addressed. You are as hard core for weather as i've ever seen.

Lol

Awesome.  I wish we had a good coffee shop like that in these parts.  Of course, they'd need titanium pillars like the ones surrounding the Capitol to keep the monthly "crash into a store front" drivers around here from creating a drive thru. 

Snow, 25, and slowly rising temps.

I'm all about the smoked salmon croissants, but the lack of showering needs to be addressed. You are as hard core for weather as i've ever seen.

I love snow.  A lot of folks are a bit more into the chase and tracking and totals.  I don't care as much about totals other than from a stats keeping perspective.  Perhaps because for most events I do worse than 90% of people posting in this forum. Part of the reason I'd like to move to a snowier locale is not only because I love snow, but I don't want to spend as much time tracking smaller events.

I love snow. A lot of folks are a bit more into the chase and tracking and totals. I don't care as much about totals other than from a stats keeping perspective. Perhaps because for most events I do worse than 90% of people posting in this forum. Part of the reason I'd like to move to a snowier locale is not only because I love snow, but I don't want to spend as much time tracking smaller events.

I love it too. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed we didn't do better up here as I thought we could squeeze out maybe 3 but it's not that big a deal because we still have had snow falling all day with very cold temps and I love days like this even when it doesnt add up to much. We had a really great winter week here so I have no complaints. Glad you guys scored down there.

I love it too. I would be lying if I said I wasn't a little disappointed we didn't do better up here as I thought we could squeeze out maybe 3 but it's not that big a deal because we still have had snow falling all day with very cold temps and I love days like this even when it doesnt add up to much. We had a really great winter week here so I have no complaints. Glad you guys scored down there.

this. I maybe have 1.5" here? meh, its snow on snow, and its cold. Yeah it will wash away tomorrow, but I only had to work half a day, my kid was happy to see some more snow and I've gotten more this year than all of last year. 

Hey how did you do on the forecast contest from a few weeks ago?

dont recall which day it was... i think okay. I don't check to see how i did very often lol. i like to be surprised at where i am in the standings. 

Going with at least .5" of rain for KSBY tonight/tomorrow ;)

I love snow.  A lot of folks are a bit more into the chase and tracking and totals.  I don't care as much about totals other than from a stats keeping perspective.  Perhaps because for most events I do worse than 90% of people posting in this forum. Part of the reason I'd like to move to a snowier locale is not only because I love snow, but I don't want to spend as much time tracking smaller events.

I want a lot of snow of course but no point chasing totals in my location. It's freeing to be a loser, lol, you just enjoy the snow...

My street decided to cave 30 minutes ago and a plow just came through. :-(

It's a reality we live with around here. It's happened five times in the past four years.

http://www.abc2news.com/news/region/baltimore-county/car-crashes-into-pikesville-rite-aid-injuring-2

It's unreal around here. It seems like it happens once a week. I'm waiting for some old lady to plow through the library. That parking lot is more dangerous than Syria.

Archived