Newest Member
    Toothache
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1st half's and the Terps don't mix.

Nobody is playing well. It's one of those off nights that all teams seem to have now and then. I'm not sure they pull it together in the second half. I haven't seen them play this bad since the Michigan game. They're at home at least but all Wisc has to do is play smart and decent and terps lose.

It is nasty butt cold out there! Seriously just going from the parked car into a shop is brutal. Asked my husband if he wanted to go out with me, and he said NO! Southern boy was smart today. 

I hiked/walked around 3-4 miles today at 3300-3700 foot elevation, beautiful on Bear Loop Trail on Warm Springs Mtn, right off Hot Springs airport. I did wear a jacket and toboggan lol, never topped 10 degrees, 20-30 mph winds.

EDIT- map and location-

http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/virginia/placesweprotect/terrain-360-bear-loop-trail-map.xml

I hiked/walked around 3-4 miles today at 3300-3700 foot elevation, beautiful on Bear Loop Trail on Warm Springs Mtn, right off Hot Springs airport. I did wear a jacket and toboggan lol, never topped 10 degrees, 20-30 mph winds.

EDIT- map and location-

http://www.nature.org/ourinitiatives/regions/northamerica/unitedstates/virginia/placesweprotect/terrain-360-bear-loop-trail-map.xml

I meet a lot of people here who don't know what you mean if you say toboggan.

So, I've only been following the threat for the lols, and now that we are closer I really have no idea what to expect for Monday. I don't have the day off as my company doesn't close for those type of holidays, so guess I should figure it out haha

I think this may be in response to me, but my post was pretty clear cut sarcasm. I don't see the lying.

Yes. The comment reminded me of the world news misquoting a lack of a tornado warning recently. I know this has nothing to do with that, but I'd be careful when mentioning the nws in a sarcastic manner. I think that goes for anyone including myself.

Yes. The comment reminded me of the world news misquoting a lack of a tornado warning recently. I know this has nothing to do with that, but I'd be careful when mentioning the nws in a sarcastic manner. I think that goes for anyone including myself.

This is a weather forum. A lot of people are snarky in our subforum. I don't think your comparison has anything to do with my comment. I wasn't "lying" about something that the NWS had did, like your anecdote suggests. I was simply making fun of the extra precautions that NWS had put in after the 3 commuting fiascos in the last 5 years, like many people were last night, in the snow shower thread. I'm not really sure how you can accuse me of lying. IMO, lying would be saying something like "NWS issued a WSWatch for 5-10" for DC", not what I wrote. 

Nobody is playing well. It's one of those off nights that all teams seem to have now and then. I'm not sure they pull it together in the second half. I haven't seen them play this bad since the Michigan game. They're at home at least but all Wisc has to do is play smart and decent and terps lose.

Brutal game tonight. By far their worst game of the year. They can't afford anymore screw ups or their shot at a number one seed is gone. Had they won tonight Lunardi had them at a 1 seed. Now they are a low 2 seed. Just painful to watch tonight.

Brutal game tonight. By far their worst game of the year. They can't afford anymore screw ups or their shot at a number one seed is gone. Had they won tonight Lunardi had them at a 1 seed. Now they are a low 2 seed. Just painful to watch tonight.

They have played so many close games they probably should have another couple losses anyway. Still have to go to Purdue and Indiana so Tremble better start playing better. Maybe it's just me but in the last few weeks he looks slow on the court and I'm not crazy about his ball handling. He also looks like he bulked up too much in his upper body. You want your guards to be strong but not at the expense of speed and quickness. Even when he is on the top of his game, ball handling is not his best attribute. Fast and athletic guards give him fits and he has trouble bringing the ball up the court. This team will go as far as he takes them. With not much help on the bench behind him I am afraid he will wear out in the final weeks of the season. Turgeon is trying to spell him and he even went to Brantley today who ad been buried on the bench. It is amazing to me that on a team with this much talent Turgeon has to go to Ram who is absolutely brutal because they don't have one more serviceable ball handler.

I actually thought they played great defense in the second half but they just couldn't hit anything on offense and of course Wisconsin hit everything. Wisconsin hit a couple desperation 3's to beat the shot clock and that killed us. Hopefully this game helps  because even though they didn't play well in other games recently they still won them and I think they expect to get away playing poorly and still winning. The old turn it on when you have to syndrome. Bottom line is we're a good team with the potential to still be very good but I don't see them being great. They have enough to make a deep run and there is still plenty time to work out their problems. Not sure how this loss will affect them. It could go either way. The one thing I do know is Tremble better get his act together fast and Turgeon better realize all opponents are keying on him. Sorry for the long rant, I got carried away but they did suck today and never should lose by double digits at home to anyone.

They have played so many close games they probably should have another couple losses anyway. Still have to go to Purdue and Indiana so Tremble better start playing better. Maybe it's just me but in the last few weeks he looks slow on the court and I'm not crazy about his ball handling. He also looks like he bulked up too much in his upper body. You want your guards to be strong but not at the expense of speed and quickness. Even when he is on the top of his game, ball handling is not his best attribute. Fast and athletic guards give him fits and he has trouble bringing the ball up the court. This team will go as far as he takes them. With not much help on the bench behind him I am afraid he will wear out in the final weeks of the season. Turgeon is trying to spell him and he even went to Brantley today who ad been buried on the bench. It is amazing to me that on a team with this much talent Turgeon has to go to Ram who is absolutely brutal because they don't have one more serviceable ball handler.

I actually thought they played great defense in the second half but they just couldn't hit anything on offense and of course Wisconsin hit everything. Wisconsin hit a couple desperation 3's to beat the shot clock and that killed us. Hopefully this game helps because even though they didn't play well in other games recently they still won them and I think they expect to get away playing poorly and still winning. The old turn it on when you have to syndrome. Bottom line is we're a good team with the potential to still be very good but I don't see them being great. They have enough to make a deep run and there is still plenty time to work out their problems. Not sure how this loss will affect them. It could go either way. The one thing I do know is Tremble better get his act together fast and Turgeon better realize all opponents are keying on him. Sorry for the long rant, I got carried away but they did suck today and never should lose by double digits at home to anyone.

Their only chance of winning the title is if Stone and Carter play like total beasts. Trimble looks like a shell of the player he was last year. Layman is just terrible. Nickens I don't even know what to say, he doesn't look like he belongs in D-3 right now. Ram is a joke, I can't believe Turgeon gives him so much playing time. Sulaimon is about what i expected but even he has disappeared for stretches this season. All in all they are nowhere near as good as I expected when the season started.

Archived