joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February Banter Thread

H2O

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have 29.9" on the season, 28" of which fell in a 30-hour span (and completely melted in an 8-day span afterwards) on Jan 22 - 23.  IMO, I don't see how you can classify this as a good winter.  You can't call it terrible, since we could do a lot worse on the snow totals, but 30 hours of snow and a week's worth of cold can't totally offset Christmas in July (or was that July in Christmas?) or 1.7" worth of failure in February.  A decent hit before the end of the month (that doesn't leave the I-70 and I-95 corridors with 3x the amount) and I might be inclined to change my tune.

Whew, the dude on ABC just said don't believe the chatter on the internet...there is no storm for next week. Now that it's settled when does the euro show the coming pattern breaking down?

Swear to god, Doug on nbc 4 said about 7 days prior to Sandy that it would have no effect on the east coast. Somewhere there is video evidence of that one...and I was watching when he said it.

I was looking at DCA annual snowfall history this morning and realized the Jan blizzard exceeds 22 out of the last 27 annual totals at DCA. That's impressive and sad at the same time. 

Was looking back through this thread and this caught my eye...

Just imagine if they actually measured the blizzard amount correctly! :whistle:

Archived