EWR757
    Newest Member
    EWR757
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.0 new...meh....I shouldve not listened to my partner and just gone to nyc or phl last night...nyc is getting the kind of snowstorm I have always dreamed about...same thing n and w of dc... crushed by the waa and then the ccb just sits and rots over head. I have really been trying to accept the fact that a historic event like that can not happen here under 99 pct of atmospheric circumstances. I really missed the opportunity of a lifetime.

I guess today was a good lesson on just how lucky interior sne was with 83 96 03 miller A

Feb 13 was great here no doubt but it was at night and the truly historic conditions occured just a bit south of here but that's probably as good as it will ever get and I am glad I could experience it while on the forum.

Congrats on your rapid fire 6 to 18 inches in the same places in sne that had all the love last winter and in general the past ten to fifteen years.

I'm not sure it's gravity wave related, at least the velocity doesn't appear that way. Given the proximity to kbox I would expect more "boundaries" on the velocity product as winds shift subtly behind each wave.

I'm thinking this is more convective related, which would make sense too as SNE is on the edge of the original dry slot.

yea. Super band organizing?

1.0 new...meh....I shouldve not listened to my partner and just gone to nyc or phl last night...nyc is getting the kind of snowstorm I have always dreamed about...same thing n and w of dc... crushed by the waa and then the ccb just sits and rots over head. I have really been trying to accept the fact that a historic event like that can not happen here under 99 pct of atmospheric circumstances. I really missed the opportunity of a lifetime.

I guess today was a good lesson on just how lucky interior sne was with 83 96 03 miller A

Feb 13 was great here no doubt but it was at night and the truly historic conditions occured just a bit south of here but that's probably as good as it will ever get and I am glad I could experience it while on the forum.

Congrats on your rapid fire 6 to 18 inches in the same places in sne that had all the love last winter and in general the past ten to fifteen years.

Just go chase a LES event some time.

Is it possible that extreme NWern CT hasnt even gotten a flake? This is the most extreme gradient across CT i can ever remember.

Think of how many storms the NW corner had a ton of snow while the shoreline (GON) rained or had just a few inches before changing over. It may not be a liquid equivalent gradient, but it still is a snow gradient. Look at the normal snowfall map of CT. Pretty decent gradient, and that's just the average.

Archived