CHSVol
    Newest Member
    CHSVol
Jan 23/24 2016 obs/nowcast - the fight for the North

RUNNAWAYICEBERG

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most likely closing in on a foot now in North Haven going to measure soon. We were pretty much in the sweet spot in south central CT today with a lot of bands as well as fairfield county. SN/+SN still at this hour.

You would think that because of all this snow in these major cities that they would be shut down for a week but they probably will all be back to work and school come Monday. Remember 2/11/06? 26.9" fell in NYC i believe it was on Saturday just like this. They cleaned up on Sunday and everything was back to business on Monday...schools, work everything pretty much open. I remember hearing something about how it didnt even make the front page on Monday in the city. New York will be just fine.

That banding still looks really weird to me on radar down south, I wonder why it looks like that.

Jan23_709pm_Radar.gif

undulating gravity clouds, freakin everywhere, the last visible showed them

Could it be strong winds kind of showing a shredded appearance?

Under radar echoes here but nothing reaching the ground for the past 15 - 20 minutes. Seems to be some dry air mixed in with that banding.

I was driving when one of those bands came through...and two days ago my town made an announcement they weren't plowing...instant white out, the wind was ferocious, and I couldn't see the road, I honestly couldn't really tell if was still on the road...I honestly didn't know if I was going to make it home

Archived